This is a hybrid role and will be based in Dublin. Who We Are Okcoin is one of the world's largest and fastest-growing cryptocurrency exchanges. We help millions of people buy and sell bitco
This is a hybrid role and will be based in Dublin.
Who We Are
Okcoin is one of the world’s largest and fastest-growing cryptocurrency exchanges. We help millions of people buy and sell bitcoin, and over 30 other crypto-assets every day — but our work is a lot more than that. We’re building an inclusive future of finance, one that opens new opportunities to learn financial literacy, store value, and build wealth for everyone.
Are you ready to help the next billion people experience the future of finance with us? Come on board. We have offices in San Jose, San Francisco, Austin, Malta, Singapore, Hong Kong, Dublin, and Japan.
About the Team
The Compliance function at Okcoin is responsible for the overall compliance culture at the company. We’re a team of risk-minded problem solvers who advise the business on the company’s regulatory obligations and enterprise risk.
Our Global Licensing team, in particular, is responsible for all expansionary efforts into new and emerging markets, with a specific focus on licensing strategy and roadmap.
What You’ll be Doing:
- Support senior compliance colleagues to manage the Global Licensing process, including researching and reviewing application requirements, preparing license application forms, applying for licenses, and communicating with various stakeholders (e.g. management, vendors, etc).
- Coordinate updates to policies, procedures, and guidelines to ensure compliance with new licensing application requirements.
- Help the wider Compliance function to communicate our compliance framework to all relevant stakeholders (internal and external).
- Engage cross-functionally (with groups such as Data, Engineering, Finance, Legal, Product, and Risk) to establish a thoughtful strategic and tactical approach to our licensing applications and related processes.
- Assist with special projects as needed, with the ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
What We Look For in You:
- 2+ years of experience in compliance within financial services, FinTech, or cryptocurrency industries
- Some experience in regulatory licensing, waivers, authorisations, or similar processes, including regulator communications and oversight of applications.
- Strong analytical and research skills, and desire to create documentation and reporting
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience
- Proven ability to work within and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Good process and project management skills with attention to detail, proactive and well organised.
- Self-motivated, critical thinker, and adept at working independently and in a dispersed team environment covering multiple and varied tasks
- Intuitive, highly ethical, and comfortable to question and challenge
- Strong communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written
Nice to Haves:
- Prior experience with crypto/digital asset licensing requirements
- Familiarity with BSA/AML, money transmission regulations, and industry best practices
- CAMS, PMI, or equivalent certification