Development and maintenance of communication channels (e.g., website). Creation of information material on carbon dioxide removals (e.g., presentations, blog…...
About the role
Location: Freiburg im Breisgau, working from remote is an option – Full time
Our mission is to empower people and organizations to mitigate the climate crisis by removing CO₂ from the atmosphere. Carbon removal is needed at large scale in addition to massive emission reductions. Next to carbon forestry and the build-up of soil organic carbon, biochar is one of the readily available and scalable carbon-sink solutions.
We are a startup company based in Freiburg, Germany, operating a blockchain-based carbon-sink accounting and trading platform with a primary focus on biochar. We are working in close collaboration with biochar producers, users, independent certifiers, scientists and associations.
You will work in a results-oriented, courageous, undogmatic, fair and collaborative environment.
At carbonfuture, groundbreaking ideas to fight the climate crisis come to live. Bring passion and dedication and there is no telling what you could accomplish.
Job description and key responsibilities
- Development and maintenance of communication channels (e.g., website)
- Creation of information material on carbon dioxide removals (e.g., presentations, blog posts, videos, newsletter)
- Public relations, classical and social media
- Organization of and participation in webinars and conferences
- Corporate customer and re-seller support, in particular regarding communication material and subject matter expertise
- Support of marketing activities in cooperation with our team and external partners like agencies and consultants
- Expect a broad range of activities, evolving priorities and a lot of development potential
Required skills and experiences
- Self-motivated and engaged for the mitigation of the climate crisis
- Excellent command of German and English
- Flair and enthusiasm for visual and written communication
- First professional experience or academic expertise in a relevant area (e.g., carbon markets, corporate sustainability, communications)
Desired skills and experiences
- Relevant university degree (e.g., science, engineering, environmental science, environmental governance) or equivalent qualification
- Willingness and ability to travel
- Other major languages
Hannes Junginger-Gestrich, email@example.com, +49 151 677 30471