Commercial Legal Counsel
We're making the world of digital assets accessible and secure for everyone. Join the mission. Founded in 2014, Ledger is the global platform for digital assets and Web3. Over 20% of t
We’re making the world of digital assets accessible and secure for everyone. Join the mission.
Founded in 2014, Ledger is the global platform for digital assets and Web3. Over 20% of the world’s crypto assets are secured through our Ledger Nanos. Headquartered in Paris and Vierzon, with offices in UK, US, Switzerland and Singapore, Ledger has a team of more than 900 professionals developing a variety of products and services to enable individuals and companies to securely buy, store, swap, grow and manage crypto assets – including the Ledger hardware wallets line with more than 6 millions units already sold in 200 countries.
At Ledger, we embody the values that make us unique: Pragmatism, Audacity, Commitment, Trust and Transparency. Hear from our employees how they shape the work we do here.
This role is a 6 month CDD engagement. You will join a dynamic, diverse and experienced legal team, with a particular focus on supporting Ledger’s B2C business as a member of Ledger’s B2C Legal Team.
- You will play a key role in assisting the B2C business across various critical areas including, but not limited to, supporting Ledger Live (including third-party services and integrations), Transactions & Payments, Metaverse and Ledger Market, Ledger Extension and associated areas.
- Draft and negotiate commercial agreements with key partners, customers and providers
- Advise the business on a variety of matters involving commercial law, marketing, advertising, NFT sales, consumer issues, disputes and contentious matters, procurement, IP licensing and general commercial engagements with third parties.You will collaborate with other members of the legal team, as well as with the business directly, sales, finance and other departments to analyze and provide legal advice on products, services, promotions, projects and commercial engagements.
What we’re looking for
- You have at least 6-8 years experience as a commercial lawyer either in-house or in a law firm environment working across a broad range of areas
- You have excellent written and verbal communication, drafting and presentation skills in English, allowing you to interact with international teams on a daily basis and to work on matters in English
- You are pragmatic and can manage ambiguity.
- You are proactive, self-motivated, resilient and able to prioritize multiple matters
- You can create and maintain solid, trusting working relationships across different teams/organizational levels
- You are detail-oriented and can quickly analyze, simplify and boil down complex issues
- You are flexible, personable and willing to embrace change in a fast-paced and innovative environment
- You have some knowledge of blockchain technology and Web3 or are keen on learning about new technologies
What’s in it for you?
- Equity: Employees are the foundation of our success, and we award stock options so you can share in that success as we grow.
- Flexibility: A hybrid work policy.
- Social: Annual company outing for Ledgerdary Days, plus frequent social events, snacks and drinks
- Medical: Comprehensive health insurance policy offering extensive medical, dental and vision care coverage.
- Well-being: Personal development, coaching & fitness with our dedicated partners.
- Vacation: Five weeks of paid leave per year, in addition to national holidays and rest & relaxation (RTT) days.
- High tech: Access to high performance office equipment and gadgets, including Apple products
- Transport: Ledger reimburses part of your preferred means of transportation
- Discounts: Employee discount on all our products
We are an equal opportunity employer for all without any distinction of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, social status, disability or age.