Company Description -Tracr™ is an innovative, industry-focused blockchain traceability platform developed for the diamond industry by market leader, De Beers. Tracr is the first organisation that can
-Tracr™ is an innovative, industry-focused blockchain traceability platform developed for the diamond industry by market leader, De Beers. Tracr is the first organisation that can securely track a diamond across the diamond value chain – from mine to cutter and polisher through to the jeweler. Our platform enables us to create a rich application ecosystem while opening opportunities for industry participants and third-party developers to build custom services.
Tracr is setting the standard for blockchain traceability solutions and is on the lookout for bright people to join its commercial and product development teams.
-This role is a unique opportunity to work with both diamond industry experts and leaders in venture building. As a key member of the commercial team at Tracr you can expect to work collaboratively with the wider Tracr team, leaders and executives at De Beers and Anglo American, research institutions, technology start-ups, our customers, and our customer’s customers to help us grow sustainable demand for our services.
You will take a lead role in supporting strategic decisions and the overall direction of the initiative.
Key responsibilities include:
- Explore and analyze markets and trends in the industry.
- Perform competitive analysis and identify current best practices and market leaders.
- Size the existing customer market, as well as identify trends and relative positioning.
- Establish key performance indicators for venture outcomes, and help generate the appropriate reports to measure them and communicate to executives.
- Help define the business model and case for new ventures, products and services.
- Test and validate assumptions while creating a sensitivity analysis for key drivers.
- Support the development of Tracr’s of a go-to-market strategy: defining a plan to reach users effectively and scale business.
- Planning and coordinating the implementation of business plans and the penetration of new markets.
- Meet with prospective partners to explain and promote the venture’s mission, vision and values on as-needed basis.
- Forming strategic partnerships with industry and non-industry bodies to leverage their existing networks.
-Bachelor’s degree (business, psychology, economics, strategy or equivalent from a top-tier institution preferred).
- Master’s degree would be an advantage.
Knowledge and experience required:
- Relevant experience with strategy development, business planning and future visioning, as well as quantitative and economic modeling.
- Experience in a high-pressure start-up environment with exposure to multidisciplinary teams and/or involvement with a top-tier consulting firm.
- Sustained presentation creation and presentation experience to senior executive level audience.
-Who we are
Established in 1888, De Beers Group is the world’s leading diamond company with unrivalled expertise in the exploration, mining, sorting, valuing, selling and marketing of diamonds. Together with our joint venture partners, we operate in more than 20 countries across six continents.
We want our diamonds, and our business, to make life brilliant – for our people, our customers and the world around us.
We build partnerships and connect with our people and their communities to make a positive contribution to the wider world. We’re constantly developing new ways to make an impact and build a beneficial legacy. We call it ‘Building Forever’ – it’s fundamental to our pioneering spirit and the purposeful way we do business.
Safety first is a way of life for us. We are unconditional about the safety, health and well-being of our colleagues, at work and at home, and about that of the communities where we work. We aim to lead the industry by investing in innovation to protect people, who are at the heart of our business. Our high performing teams take accountability for their own and others’ actions, work collaboratively, and always show car and respect .
Inclusion & Diversity
We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are. We provide equality of opportunity to enable everyone to fulfil their potential.
Closing date: 26 August 2022