Introduction At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just
At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Platform Engineering Services is strategic for IBM Consulting, and we are rapidly expanding with over 100% year-on-year growth, and we are continuing to add the best talent we can find to our business. It’s a truly exciting time to join IBM’s Platform Engineering Practice.
As a Cloud Technical Architect, you will have one of the most important roles at IBM.
You will have the opportunity to bring your expertise, passion, and creativity to create fantastic value and success for our portfolio of the world’s leading enterprise clients. If you’re ready to create and build, within a collaborative and supportive culture, backed by the power of IBM, we can offer you an exceptional opportunity to make a difference, to learn and to grow in a heterogeneous and professionally attractive ecosystem, with the opportunity to participate in cutting-edge projects in the main companies on the market.
As a Cloud Technical Architect at IBM, you will:
- Be the leader in Red Hat service deployment projects (Openshift, RHEL, Openstack, Ansible, etc…) as well as in their subsequent administration.
- Lead the Red Hat Specialists team both in the administration of critical services and in the deployment of new platforms.
- Collaborate on a day-to-day basis with our sellers, accounts, and delivery teams, purely focused on transformation solutions with Platform Engineering Services and eco-system technologies.
- Act as a cloud evangelist, and using your deep expertise to articulate technical answers, demonstrate various solutions, cloud practices and the business value to our clients.
- Keep up to date with new technology and be an enablement leader to assist our clients to assess, build and deliver new capabilities.
- Be responsible for creating cloud value transformation business cases for our clients, articulating the benefits of the cloud platforms.
- Build strong and enduring relationships with our clients, account teams, and technology practices.Establish relationships and collaborate with our wider IBM businesses, IBM Security and IBM Technology.
- Should also contribute to identify talented & experienced consultants which can afterwards join the IBM team
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Have a passion for technology, expertise, creativity, and evangelism.
- Consulting experience is essential, and you will be able to demonstrate your ability to influence, manage stakeholders and act with integrity.
- Have experience with Platform Engineering technologies and the eco-system of products and offerings.
- Have experience in:
- Desployment of Red Hat Platforms (mainly Openshift)
- Management of Red Hat services with responsibility and dialogue with the client
- Team leadership
- Preparation of service proposals
- Economic control of projects
- Knowledge of the ITIL methodology
- Languages required:
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Have a good knowledge of the Cloud market and the related Cloud Infrastructure Services in Spain, which are a natural extension of HCM/AMS. This means knowing the major Cloud players, their technologies, and clients across the market/country.
- Hold various professional certifications such as:
- Red Hat
- People or Project management
About Business Unit
IBM Consulting is IBM’s consulting and global professional services business, with market leading capabilities in business and technology transformation. With deep expertise in many industries, we offer strategy, experience, technology, and operations services to many of the most innovative and valuable companies in the world. Our people are focused on accelerating our clients’ businesses through the power of collaboration. We believe in the power of technology responsibly used to help people, partners and the planet.
Your Life @ IBM
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It’s time to define your career.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
IBM wants you to bring your whole self to work and for you this might mean the ability to work flexibly. If you are interested in a flexible working pattern, please talk to our recruitment team to find out if this is possible in the current working environment.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.