Introduction At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to
At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As clients move towards cloud architectures, the role of the Cloud Solution Architect is critical in helping ensure that these moves are successful. The Cloud Solution Architect will find technology solutions to business problems that meet the requirements defined by our clients. At IBM our Cloud Solution Architects focus on multiple architectures including cloud native, multicloud and hybrid cloud architectures.
As a Cloud Solution Architect at IBM
You will handle complex cloud and transformation focused opportunities
You will have direct access to the client and be able to visit as needed
You will work as part of a team of solution architects on larger engagements and be responsible for the cloud architecture
You will work with the client and IBM teams to refine cloud solutions based on technical viability of the requirements and the solutions and provide the client and IBM teams an authoritative point of view on the solution
This will include specifications for solutions management and delivery, ensuring that the overall solution meets the client’s business goals and requirements
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
5 – 7 years’ experience in working with customers in identifying their business and technical requirements, and designing and/or implementing optimal technical solutions for them
- Combined minimum of 5 years’ higher education and/or work experience in systems design, management and/or architecture
- Strong understanding of the system development and infrastructure lifecycle and architecture, vendor best practices, IT Service Management, and systems design
- Broad technical understanding of 1 – 2 Cloud vendors (e.g. AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, IBM Cloud)
- Hands-on experience in some of the following areas – Kubernetes, OpenShift, Docker, DevOps/Tooling & CI/CD, Blockchain, VMware, IaC, Data Solutions, Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service
- Experience in designing Enterprise Cloud Network architecture, Cloud Security architecture, & designing highly available solutions
- Strong client facing and communication skills and experience.
- Ability to work as part of a team of solution architects to create a larger solution architecture
- Ability to create leading solution architectures from ground up and be able to present these internally within the solution team and to the client with conviction
- Be authoritative in the solution design
- Willing to adapt based on client needs and requirements.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
Certified architecture accreditations such as AWS Certified Solution Architect, IBM Certified Solution Architect, Azure Certified Solution Expert, Cloud Google Professional Cloud Architect, Professional Cloud Solutions Architect Certification, Red Hat Certified Architect, The Open Group Certified Architect (Open CA), Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA)
- Experience in customer facing interaction with architecture and technical teams
- Demonstrated innovation leadership in moving clients from a traditional to cloud native models
- Skilled in the areas of: Cloud Design & Architecture, Kubernetes, AWS, Azure, GCP, IBM Cloud, Red Hat OpenShift
- Deep industry expertise such industries as Financial Services, Government, Telco, Healthcare, Utilities and Industrial Verticals
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world’s economy. IBM Services partners with the world’s leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It’s time to define your career.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
IBM wants you to bring your whole self to work and for you this might mean the ability to work flexibly. If you are interested in a flexible working pattern, please talk to our recruitment team to find out if this is possible in the current working environment.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.