Introduction At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to
At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will leverage their deep technical knowledge across traditional and cloud technologies, best practices and industries to provide leadership and expertise to architect and design Watson Health Cloud Solutions. The Cloud Architect will be an integral part of the One Watson Health Cloud transformation journey, and will work with cutting edge technologies as well as with a passionate team of people who are driving the innovation and digital transformation of Healthcare enterprise clients and solutions with the adoption of IBM Cloud.
- Help analyze various legacy hosted Watson Health environments and solutions, gather requirements, outline risks, estimate costs, produce architecture diagrams, and present an overall cloud migration plan.
- Outline cloud migration paths for early adopted Watson Health Cloud applications to the One Watson Health Cloud.
- Develop future Watson Health Cloud architecture standards, patterns, and processes and ensure they are the foundation for all proposed conceptual, logical and physical system designs.
- Translate client business needs and RFP/RFI requirements into supportable, secure, compliant, and cost-effective technical solutions.
- Host design meetings with various cross functional Watson Health technology and offering teams.
- Participate in and on occasion facilitate certain high risk, highly complex internal and external projects as needed.
- Design and implement processes that automates or orchestrates Infrastructure Continuous Integration and Continuous Development (CI/CD).
- Explore new methods and technologies to further improve design and delivery of solutions.
- Establish an authoritative and credible technical architect presence and collaborate in new business pursuits.
- Grow towards, Thought Leadership and Subject Matter Expertise for Watson Health Cloud Architecture.
- Hands on configuration and administration of multiple Cloud environments
- Work in an Agile methodology environment learning and developing technology leadership and innovation, while collaborating with other Agile team members.
- Participate in Scrum team commitments while evolving CI/CD practices to identify and eliminate waste while improving quality and speed in delivery using LEAN IT methodologies.
- While working independently with minimal supervision, ability to manage multiple priorities and projects simultaneously, ensuring stakeholder expectations are managed appropriately.
- Receive assignments in the form of objectives with goals and the process by which to meet the goals
- Complete assigned or suggested IBM Badges, and work towards both personal and professional development.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Demonstrated experience with IBM Cloud, AWS, Azure or Google Cloud.
Experience with Istio, Kubernetes, Docker, and related technologies required
- Strong understanding of Healthcare industry compliance such as HIPAA, HITRUST, FISMA, FedRAMP etc..
- Experience implementing industry standard security best practices
- Excellent communication, presentation and documentation skills.
- Familiar with design principles
- Familiar with monitoring and alerting systems
- Ability to manage competing demands, accept criticism and constructive feedback, while being extremely adaptable and flexible.
- Strong analytical skills; ability to distill information from disparate data sources
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Preferably 10+ years of IT professional experience with increasing responsibility and complexity.
- Preferably 8+ years of IT traditional infrastructure experience, 2+ years in cloud
- 1+ years implementing containers (Docker – Kubernetes)
- 1+ years in migrating or transforming legacy customer solutions to the cloud
- Experience preferred in a client facing role
- Experience developing process and workflow to enable infrastructure automation is desired
- Experience with coding languages (Puppet, Python, PowerShell, JSON, etc…)
- Professional Certifications a plus (Agile SCM, Azure, AWS, PMI, ITIL, etc…)
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, system analysis, or equivalent experience.
About Business Unit
IBM’s Cloud and Cognitive software business is committed to bringing the power of IBM’s Cloud and Watson/AI technologies to life for our clients and ecosystem partners around the world. IBM provides you with the most comprehensive and consistent approach to development, security and operations across hybrid environments—with complete software solutions for business and IT operations, development, data science, security, and management. Our experts and software capabilities help organizations develop applications once and deploy them anywhere, integrate security across the breadth of their IT estate, and automate operations with management visibility. With IBM, you also have access to new skills and methods, governance and management approaches, and a deep ecosystem of industry experts and partners.
Your Life @ IBM
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It’s time to define your career.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
IBM wants you to bring your whole self to work and for you this might mean the ability to work flexibly. If you are interested in a flexible working pattern, please talk to our recruitment team to find out if this is possible in the current working environment.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.