Introduction At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to
At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to (i.e., additional responsibilities may come up ad-hoc depending on the state of our business):
- Building internal Cloud Pak for Security Labs
- Driving serviceability and knowledge requirements for our Support engineers on Cloud Pak for Security
- Effectively communicating to our Management and Executive teams the status of lab deployments and client Cloud Pak for Security deployments.
- Driving client satisfaction by improving the client deployment process and effectively conveying status on the deployments, adhering to a defined timeline for deployment and answering any questions along the way.
- Mentoring L2 engineers on deployment issues when clients are live in production as needed.
- Delivering high-quality presentations to executives in monthly operational reports, weekly touchpoints, client meetings, etc. as needed
- Driving New training needed based on changes in deployments and new features and functionality based on lessons learned in the field from client deployments.
- Drive Serviceability features to reduce the total cost of ownership of deploying and supporting Cloud Pak for Security
- Drive Product Quality by opening and driving enhancements requests and defects with Development based on the data and experience from the field.
- Participate in and Drive Open Mics to clients, Brown Bags to engineers across Support, Development and Test to increase skills across multiple disciplines.
- Deliver high quality customer facing and internal content for Cloud Pak for Security products based on your developed expertise. (Think beyond technotes and wikis, focusing on Redbooks, whitepapers, cookbooks, etc.)
- Deliver high quality reviews of deployment issues to clients with well-documented solutions
- Continue to enhance your own skills in the Cloud Pak for Security product areas and future roadmap technology
- Drive innovation across the Cloud Pak for Security offering portfolio through patents, tooling, analysis, workflows, etc.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 2 years of cyber security experience
- 2 years using and deploying IBM Security products (i.e., QRadar, SOAR, Guardium Insights, etc.)
- 2 years Unix/Linux administration experience
- 1 year of VMware vSphere administration experience
- 1 year of cloud architecture experience and knowledge
- 1 year of development and troubleshooting experience using Java and/or python
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- 4 years of cyber security experience
- 4 years using and deploying IBM Security products (i.e., QRadar, SOAR, Guardium Insights, etc.)
- 4 years Unix/Linux administration experience
- 2 years of VMware vSphere administration experience
- 2 years of cloud architecture experience and knowledge
- 2 years of development and troubleshooting experience using Java and/or python
- RedHat Enterprise Linux or OpenShift certification
About Business UnitIBM’s Cloud and Cognitive software business is committed to bringing the power of IBM’s Cloud and Watson/AI technologies to life for our clients and ecosystem partners around the world. IBM provides you with the most comprehensive and consistent approach to development, security and operations across hybrid environments—with complete software solutions for business and IT operations, development, data science, security, and management. Our experts and software capabilities help organizations develop applications once and deploy them anywhere, integrate security across the breadth of their IT estate, and automate operations with management visibility. With IBM, you also have access to new skills and methods, governance and management approaches, and a deep ecosystem of industry experts and partners.
Your Life @ IBMAre you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It’s time to define your career.
About IBMIBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business. At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
Location StatementIBM wants you to bring your whole self to work and for you this might mean the ability to work flexibly. If you are interested in a flexible working pattern, please talk to our recruitment team to find out if this is possible in the current working environment.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.