Introduction Cloud Engineers are part of a cross-functional team that delivers a unique client co-creation experience to help demonstrate how to solve business problems using IBM Technology
Cloud Engineers are part of a cross-functional team that delivers a unique client co-creation experience to help demonstrate how to solve business problems using IBM Technology
- Uses contemporary technologies and approaches to design, develop, test and deliver Cloud-based solutions
- Applies a user-centric approach to ensure all included features add value for the user and achieve desired client impact
- Understands the nuances of different cloud solutions (hybrid, public, private, multi-cloud, on-prem) and implications for solution design
- Understands the relationship among various technologies and architectures and how they contribute to an overall solution
- Deep understanding of complex large scale multi-region solutions that are utilizing multiple independent lifecycle microservices
What role specific skills should you have?
- Cross-functional knowledge of numerous engineering areas including OpenShift and Cloud Platforms, Agile Integration, API Management, Application Modernization, DevOps, Edge, IOT, Messaging, Satellite, Process & Network Automation and Mainframe Modernization.
- Capable of driving live implementation of IBM software technologies and platforms.
- Expert in implementation, troubleshooting, upgrading and managing OpenShift and Cloud Paks.
- Understanding of both public cloud and on-premise infrastructure (network, storage, security, edge) and infrastructure orchestration. Understanding of administration of all of these.
- Understanding of platforms, OpenShift, managed container orchestration solutions
- Knowledge and practical experience of other application platforms both traditional and cloud native.
- Conversant in cloud native development and common development frameworks across multi / hybrid clouds.
- Understand where modernization can be used across applications, integration, data, infrastructure and practices to inflict positive impact for the business and to recognize the patterns that work and the pitfalls to avoid.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Possesses deep technical expertise and business domain knowledge in their select specialty areas, including Site Reliability, Cloud, Data, Automation, DevOps, and Security demonstrated by advanced degrees, certifications and relevant work experience
- Learns and applies relevant industry experience to establish credibility with the client
- Demonstrates a growth mindset and continuous learning; stays current on IBM strategy and offerings with understanding of technical principles of Docker and Kubernetes
- During the pre-sales process, partners with the client and members of the Client Engineering team to co-create solutions that leverage IBM offerings to solve the client’s business challenges
- Iterates on the solution, in Agile fashion, to react to client feedback and demonstrate rapid progress
- Uses Design Thinking methods to document pain points and opportunities; illustrate new process designs and journey maps and visualize transformation outcomes
- In a dynamic, fast-paced pre-sales environment, designs and implements innovative solutions, ensuring that interdependencies with other functions are addressed
- Collaborates with others to validate new analytical approaches, share and learn from best practices
- Demonstrates growth mindset by being eager to understand clients’ business processes, their potential for transformation, and learn new technologies and methods continuously
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 2 years hands-on software engineering
- At least 1 year of client facing experience – strong, collaborative client relationships
- Basic knowledge of various cloud solutions (hybrid, public, private, multi-cloud, on-prem)
- Experience APIs (RESTful, etc.)
- Design and implement automated cloud solutions that implement CI/CD best practices
- Basic knowledge of Java or middleware technology (WebSphere, etc.)
- Professional experience; IT Specialist; pre-sales, proof of concept, integration, data lake, business process design
- Fluent English
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 3 years hands-on software engineering
- At least 2 years in a client facing role building strong, collaborative relationships
- At least 2 years with various cloud solutions (hybrid, public, private, multi-cloud, on-prem)
- Networking DevOps/Development background
About Business Unit
IBM has a global presence, operating in more than 175 countries with a broad-based geographic distribution of revenue. The company’s Global Markets organization is a strategic sales business unit that manages IBM’s global footprint, working closely with dedicated country-based operating units to serve clients locally. These country teams have client relationship managers who lead integrated teams of consultants, solution specialists and delivery professionals to enable clients’ growth and innovation. By complementing local expertise with global experience and digital capabilities, IBM builds deep and broad-based client relationships. This local management focus fosters speed in supporting clients, addressing new markets and making investments in emerging opportunities. Additionally, the Global Markets organization serves clients with expertise in their industry as well as through the products and services that IBM and partners supply. IBM is also expanding its reach to new and existing clients through digital marketplaces.
Your Life @ IBM
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It’s time to define your career.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
IBM wants you to bring your whole self to work and for you this might mean the ability to work flexibly. If you are interested in a flexible working pattern, please talk to our recruitment team to find out if this is possible in the current working environment.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.