Introduction At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just
At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As an Architect in IBM Consulting, you’ll serve as a leader in defining solutions for clients. You’ll be the advocate for the client while guiding the technical team to implementation.
You’ll collaborate with client stakeholders and internal partners to understand the business problem and requirements, constraints of the system to facilitate, iterate and document the design and adoption of a hybrid cloud model.
Your primary responsibilities include:
- You will act as a trusted advisor aligned to industry trends that develops the framework and integrated solutions that meet the customer’s business needs.
- Collaborate with members of the client and IBMers team to define and execute proofs of concept and minimum viable solutions.
- Own the solutions architecture plan while being a “hands-on” builder in a client-facing engagement.
- Champion an entrepreneurial mindset and deliver unique value by leveraging industry and technology expertise to drive innovative strategies to accelerate clients’ success.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Hands-on Azure/AWS/GCP knowledge from successful projects; knowledge of Azure/AWS/GCP platform services
- Windows server and/or Linux server administration experience
- DevOps “toolkit” and attitude
- Terraform knowledge
- Knowledge of container technologies (Kubernetes, Docker, AKS)
- Good command of scripting languages (Powershell, Bash,..)
- ARM templating knowhow
- Travel willingness up to 25 %
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- AD / Azure AD knowledge
- Database knowledge (SQL / NoSQL)
- Knowledge of configuration management tools (Puppet, Chef, Ansible)
- Networking know-how
- Knowledge of serverless computing
- Developer background
- Consulting experience
- Relevant certifications are appreciated.
About Business Unit
IBM Consulting is IBM’s consulting and global professional services business, with market leading capabilities in business and technology transformation. With deep expertise in many industries, we offer strategy, experience, technology, and operations services to many of the most innovative and valuable companies in the world. Our people are focused on accelerating our clients’ businesses through the power of collaboration. We believe in the power of technology responsibly used to help people, partners and the planet.
Your Life @ IBM
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It’s time to define your career.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
IBM wants you to bring your whole self to work and for you this might mean the ability to work flexibly. If you are interested in a flexible working pattern, please talk to our recruitment team to find out if this is possible in the current working environment.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.