At Deloitte, we deliver the solutions and insights our clients need to address their most complex business challenges. You will be responsible for:...
At Deloitte, we deliver the solutions and insights our clients need to address their most complex business challenges. As the world’s largest global professional services and consulting network, Deloitte Ireland has nearly 3,000 people providing audit, tax, consulting, and corporate finance services to public and private clients spanning multiple industries.
Deloitte’s Consulting Practice is one of the world’s leading Management Consulting firms for executable Strategy, Operations, Technology, and Human Capital Advisory services. The consulting practice is built around integrated core capabilities – people, process, technology and industry expertise – the capabilities needed to help clients to tackle their most complex challenges.
Technology Consulting | Cloud Engineering
Deloitte has exciting career opportunities for a Cloud Architect within our large Technology practice. The successful candidate will join Deloitte as a key member of the Cloud Engineering team and will have the opportunity to work in a fast growing and challenging environment with like-minded people who are eminent in their respective technical field. This role would suit someone with previous cloud experience working with clients.
In partnership with other leaders in the firm, you will focus on delivering cloud solutions using AWS, Azure and Google Cloud and, as a key member of Architecture group, ensure success in building and migrating applications, software and services on public cloud.
You will be responsible for:
- Promote public cloud internally to sales and delivery teams to drive growth.
- Educate customers of all sizes on the value proposition of Public Cloud and participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the public cloud solutions architect community
- Author or otherwise contribute to public cloud customer-facing publications such as whitepapers
- Build deep relationships with senior technical individuals within customers to enable them to be cloud advocates
- Act as a technical liaison between customers, delivery teams and support.
- Assist clients in maximising business benefit from technology investment.
- Apply proven multidisciplinary techniques and tools to address key issues, including: aligning business and IT strategies and architectures, managing complex business IT transformations, optimising IT performance/value and managing IT costs, in the context of appropriately managing risk and achieving business results.
- Assist our clients in establishing and implementing a vision, road map and governance to address today’s business needs and support future growth.
- Identify where our clients can leverage IT for greatest strategic impact, defining a target IT architecture that supports business requirements and reduces costs.
- Bridge the gap between the business and technology, articulating the business value of technology as an enabler, and the considerations concerning effective IT delivery management practices.
Required Skills and Experience
- Self-starter with an in-depth hands-on work experience with large-scale implementations of Google Cloud Platform (GCP), AWS or Azure.
- Direct experience migrating applications from the enterprise to public cloud providers (e.g. Amazon, Google, or Microsoft)
- Experience helping development teams build and deploy microservices based applications in public cloud. Experience with Docker, Kubernetes and other Container Orchestration and API exposure platforms.
- Experience with Agile methodologies and tools. Continuous Integration & Continuous Deployment tools and processes
- Understanding of emerging technologies and end-user needs.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to learn new information quickly
Preferred Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of overall experience, to include a minimum of 5 years of enterprise, full-life cycle in Architecture in the professional IT/Software Development services industry
- 2+ years project experience migrating and deploying cloud based solutions (GCP, Azure or AWS)
- 2+ years architecting, implementing and supporting Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services infrastructure and topologies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent work experience.
- Knowledge of J2EE, .NET, and cloud technologies development languages and tools, to continue with development
- Has a certification for one of the following: Google, Azure, AWS preferred
- Understanding of Infrastructure as a Service, Infrastructure as Code and related concepts on public cloud.
- Experience with distributed computing, cloud security, IaaS & PaaS architectures, knowledge of big data/analytics, ci/cd, DevOps, SRE and networking concepts.
- Proven experience as a successful senior engineer and/or cloud engineer highly desirable
- Container experience with Docker and Kubernetes or other container orchestration platforms
- Understanding of Identity and Access Management, user and system authentication methods and certificates, tokens and certificate management
- Understanding of Agile, SCRUM and Continuous Delivery
- Demonstrated skills in leadership, communication, coaching, analysis, problem solving and short term and long term planning.
- Experienced, persuasive and effective presenter, both written and verbal.
- Experience leading high performance, results driven teams with a focus on client satisfaction.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, ability to handle diverse situations, multiple initiatives and rapidly changing priorities.
- Must be a self-starter who requires minimal supervision.
- Willingness to travel would be a plus
Benefits @ Deloitte
- Gain international experience while working on both domestic and international assignments
- Possibility of work-from-home arrangements 1-2 days a week while working on non-domestic projects
- Daily allowance to cover your meals and other expenses while travelling
- Training opportunities (access to premium online training platforms, in-house training, internal & external technical training, certification/exam support)
- Professional subscription: the firm will cover the cost of annual subscription to one approved professional body
- Tech events: attending external and Deloitte Technology’s internal Tech seminars with SMEs in the practice as well as external speakers (topics in the past have included Azure, AWS, Big Data, Blockchain, DevOps, MuleSoft, Robotics)
- Deloitte Unplugged programme: initiatives which focus on employee wellness and wellbeing
- Corporate deals: discounts are available from a variety of organisations
- Tax efficient travel pass: save up to 51% on travel costs if you take part in our Taxsaver Commuter Ticket scheme
- Cycle to work scheme: Deloitte will facilitate the purchase of a bicycle and/or accessories up to a maximum of €1,000 through the cycle to work scheme. The scheme is tax efficient meaning savings of up to 51% on your purchase
- Bonus scheme
- Pension scheme options available
- Life assurance
- Health insurance discounts