Introduction Client Technical Specialists (CTP) are the technical experts and advisors to clients, IBM sales teams and/or IBM Business Partners. As a CTP you understand the client's business requirem
Client Technical Specialists (CTP) are the technical experts and advisors to clients, IBM sales teams and/or IBM Business Partners. As a CTP you understand the client’s business requirements, technical requirements and/or competitive landscape. You apply your business insights, build and maintain client relationships, incorporate hardware, software and services into client-valued solutions and ensure client readiness for the implementation of technical solutions. This is an opportunity to shape the future for both IBM and its clients. Start your journey now!
In order for IBM to offer a wide range of opportunities to applicants, and to afford IBM flexibility in staffing across its corporate structure, your application and information may be shared across our enterprise, including with and among our subsidiaries and affiliates worldwide. One of these affiliates is Turbonomic, an IBM Company. By submitting your application and information you acknowledge and agree that your information will be used and made available to our subsidiaries and affiliates, and that you may be interviewed by, or ultimately offered employment by, any of IBM’s subsidiaries and affiliates.”
Your Role and Responsibilities
Act as a deep solution and technical subject matter expert for Application Resource Management / Application Performance Management / Observability opportunities and leverage your experience to make presales engagements successful
- Work with prospects and customers to prove the value of the Turbonomic solution and it’s relation to the AIOPS set of technologies
- Actively participate in development and progression of qualified opportunities for IBM Turbonomic /APM/Observability with the IBM Sales Team
- Demonstrate the Turbonomic offering at customer sites, remotely for customers, and at field events
- Drive effective Proofs of Concept with customers that showcase how IBM Turbonomic adds value to the clients’ business
- Enable, support and work with the IBM Business Partner ecosystem.
- Collaborate with other internal IBM teams to drive unmatched customer satisfaction.
- Maintain an understanding of the client’s industry, including industry trends, industry business processes.
- Collaborate with IBM sales teams to define, design, and detail the technical aspects and feasibility of proposed solutions.
- Support customer technical escalations, on-site health checks, best practice sharing, designing solutions; and answer technical questions throughout the sales process in order to identify/progress/close sales and develop customer relationships.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
IT Operations and Site Reliability Engineering (SRE)
- Knowledge of the role of traditional IT Operations (ITOps) Engineers, tools they are typically using and pain points they are facing
- Understanding of how a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) approaches Operations to ensure that continuously delivered applications run efficiently and reliably by using software engineering and automation solutions.
- Ability to assess where the client is on the journey from traditional IT Operations to SRE, and able to articulate and demonstrate the value of IBM Turbonomic to help them with the transition.
- Knowledge of DevSecOps concepts
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
About Business Unit
IBM’s Cloud and Cognitive software business is committed to bringing the power of IBM’s Cloud and Watson/AI technologies to life for our clients and ecosystem partners around the world. IBM provides you with the most comprehensive and consistent approach to development, security and operations across hybrid environments—with complete software solutions for business and IT operations, development, data science, security, and management. Our experts and software capabilities help organizations develop applications once and deploy them anywhere, integrate security across the breadth of their IT estate, and automate operations with management visibility. With IBM, you also have access to new skills and methods, governance and management approaches, and a deep ecosystem of industry experts and partners.
Your Life @ IBM
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It’s time to define your career.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
IBM wants you to bring your whole self to work and for you this might mean the ability to work flexibly. If you are interested in a flexible working pattern, please talk to our recruitment team to find out if this is possible in the current working environment.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.