Exposure to the data science, blockchain or IoT spaces and understanding of current / potential impact on Banking. Technologically strong and business savvy....
As a seasoned Innovation leader, you will be highly motivated, have proven leadership abilities and experience working with senior client stakeholders and enterprise solutions within the financial services industry.
You continuously improve relationships across the company and actively seek out innovative ideas and fresh thinking in order to develop them into strategic technical solutions that are commercially relevant to the business.
You are an energetic and resourceful team player who can comfortably lead across Labs, internal product and technology groups, support functions, executive sponsors, partners etc.
You have background in innovation including experience of lean start-up, design thinking, prototyping and also have solid commercial awareness.
The successful candidate will lead and manage adjacent and disruptive innovations from early stage experiments to production in collaboration with Labs, senior stakeholders, business and technology partner and clients.
Key Responsibilities: In this role, you will be handling the following (but not limited to) responsibilities:
Leadership and Management of adjacent and disruptive innovations from discovery, to early stage experiments to production in collaboration with Labs, senior stakeholders, business and technology partner and clients.
Engage our clients, showcasing the best of Citi’s innovative spirit and delivery capability to address our client pain points and identify co-creation opportunities.
Stimulate innovation internally through collaboration in key corporate initiatives.
Monitor the team’s overall progress, as well as proactively responding to any risks or issues, which may arise.
- Become a focal point of contact for all stakeholders throughout the innovation lifecycle and work with internal and external partners to design, validate and deliver solutions with a commercial benefit for Citi
Manage multiple concurrent initiatives and projects of varying sizes & complexity
Create new & maintain existing partner and vendor relationships.
Effective upward and downward communication to key stakeholders ,
Manage project budgets, resource plans and deliver to plan.
Foster external innovation through mentoring start-ups, leading FinTech Accelerator programs and running regional Hackathons.
Manage multiple teams of professionals to accomplish established goals and conduct personnel duties for team (e.g. performance evaluations, hiring and disciplinary actions)
- Provide strategic influence and exercise control over resources, budget management and planning while monitoring end results
- Utilize in-depth knowledge of concepts and procedures within own area and basic knowledge of other areas to resolve issues
- Ensure essential procedures are followed and contribute to defining standards
- Provide evaluative judgement based on analysis of facts in complicated, unique, and dynamic situations including drawing from internal and external sources
Influence and negotiate with senior leaders across functions, as well as communicate with external parties as necessary
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm’s reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
Development Value: This role provides significant opportunities:
- You will gain significant experience of the technologies and businesses involved across Citi applications, giving you exposure to new and existing methodologies and systems as well as the opportunity to work with multiple teams around the globe.
- As a member of the Innovation Lab you will have to opportunity to work with a team of highly motivated, flexible, smart individuals whose daily job is to think out of the box and look for disruptive opportunities with a commercial benefit.
- Exposure to newly released and upcoming technologies and the ability to positively contribute to the strategies of the business
- By working within the senior leadership team of the innovation network you will be highly visibly across the Citi and will have access to a get number of Citi’s executive management team.
Knowledge / Experience
- A background in innovation including experience of lean start-up, design thinking, prototyping and also have solid commercial awareness.
Experience in the financial industry experience ideally in Transaction Banking.
- Proven track record in innovation and delivering enterprise level solutions from initiation to production deployment.
- Experience in managing a portfolio of early stage initiatives through to successful delivery.
- Exposure to the data science, blockchain or IoT spaces and understanding of current / potential impact on Banking.
- Experience of delivering complex programs involving multiple stakeholders across different geographical locations with a significant amount of uncertainty.
- Experience of applied research, experimental development and early design activities to validate/invalidate ideas.
- Creative problem solver comfortable with working in rapidly evolving landscape and uncertainty.
- Technologically strong and business savvy.
- Ability to collaborate effectively across diverse groups from senior stakeholders and clients to junior team members including senior stakeholder management, project/program management, strategic thinking, tactical & operational solution provision, senior internal/external client interaction, risk management, and presentation & reporting skills.
- Excellent communication skills
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in a similar role
- A bachelor’s degree or post-graduate qualifications (Innovation / Banking field desirable) (Master’s degree preferred)
- Experience working with innovative and emerging technology.
- Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Job Family Group:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries (“Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the “EEO is the Law” poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting