We are looking for an exceptional candidate with a strong will, passion, and experience in leading technical teams through the execution and delivery of…...
Metix is a growing medical technology company that is currently developing the next generation of medical devices that will improve pre-hospital care. We are looking for an exceptional candidate with a strong will, passion, and experience in leading technical teams through the execution and delivery of products and services as Chief Technology Officer.
- Be experienced in creating a technical strategy and work with executive directors to help shape the company’s technology strategy for the delivery of medical devices and related data management processes.
- Guide the product development lifecycle and provide the technical vision to engineering teams, while directly interfacing with R&D and quality assurance teams.
- Manage product realization efforts following an established quality management system
- Actively participate in architectural, code, and product reviews to minimize rework and ensure a standard level of quality
- Identification, definition, and presentation of new business opportunities, features, projects, and intellectual property to the board of directors
- Constantly measure and monitor design and development efforts and implement changes for continuous improvement and report regularly to the board of directors
BSc in Software or Electrical Engineering or over 5 years professional experience in the management of technical teams
- Capable of working independently and proactively, with an exceptional capacity to communicate efficiently and delegate work as needed
- Capable of providing technical input in the form of code or architectural reviews for microservice-oriented architectures.
- Highly experienced consuming cloud services and implementing fault-tolerant and highly available architectures
- Capable of identifying when to use certain technological stacks, frameworks, and libraries to limit the development effort while ensuring suitability for highly regulated industries
- Experience in establishing CI/CD pipelines and automating the operational overhead of technical teams, including experience with Kubernetes, service mesh, and fault management
- Detailed understanding of security principles and associated implementation in cloud architecture, including a working understanding of key log management and analysis techniques.
- Proven track record implementing, maintaining, and servicing production systems, including continual service improvement.
Desirable Qualification and experience:
Knowledge of site reliability engineering concepts
- Be passionate about working in hardware projects that involve Blockchain technology and Google Cloud products and services
- Be capable of managing and understanding the manufacturing lifecycle during the design and development of new devices or medical applications
- Be capable of establishing clear communication channels to interface with remote teams.
- Be open to providing guidance to upcoming engineering to identify shortcomings and reduce the learning curve
- Spanish language knowledge
- Relaxed working environment
- Short walking distance from Glasgow Central Station
- Casual dress code
For further information on Metix, please visit our site: www.metixmedical.co.uk or follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/MetixMedical/
The successful candidate must have permission to work in the UK.
No applications from recruitment agencies will be considered for these posts.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £60,000.00-£80,000.00 per year
- Flexible schedule
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor’s (preferred)
- medical device software development: 3 years (preferred)
- Software engineering: 5 years (preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19