Please note, all positions at the Cardano Foundation require relevant experience. Applications without required experience will not be considered. Company overview The Cardano foundation is focused
- Driving adoption of Cardano amongst developers, entrepreneurs, stakepool operators,
- Shaping legislation and commercial standards, as well growing the global Cardano community.
- Ensuring stakeholder accountability, working with Emurgo, IOHK and companies/people
- Facilitating partnerships.
What we’re looking for:
What you’ll be doing:
- Understand the current capabilities of Cardano from an overall technical perspective, and what its future technical capabilities should be.
- Understand the wide range of blockchain protocols and translate potential learnings into project proposals and initiatives for Cardano’s roadmap.
- Lead and manage the technology planning, budget, evaluation and decision of projects, with emphasis on cost/benefits analysis.
- Put together processes for reviewing and evaluating different proposals, and provide recommendations to the CEO and Foundation Council for project funding and technical integrations.
- Understand the current capabilities of Cardano’s tooling and libraries.
- Understand what competitors and similar projects do in terms of tooling & libraries for developers and entrepreneurs.
- Put together a roadmap and processes for implementing projects, directly through the Cardano Foundation, or as proposals to partners or the general community.
- Hire, inspire and work closely with engineering teams, made up of project managers and developers (internal or external) to ensure the delivery of the platform and products and oversee the full lifecycle.
- Lead and manage the technology planning, development and post-development process of critical projects (including QA and protocol audits).
- Coordinate and drive the business relationships with key internal and significant external partners on projects within the technology ecosystem.
- Build bridges and network with the Cardano Community and open-source developer community, providing updates on major initiatives and doing ongoing AMAs.
- Bachelor Degree in computer science, computer engineering or related fields (Masters preferred).
- 10+ years work experience, 5+ years as a CTO or VP of engineering, focused on working with external developers and growing an open-source developer community.
- Experience in building and leading a high performance team of blockchain developers, smart contract engineers, and support staff.
- Deep knowledge and understanding of blockchain technology, cryptography, related use cases and blockchain industry developments (e.g. DApp development, understanding multiple BIPs, how smart contracts work across multiple platforms).
- Has managed the delivery of a successful project using smart-contracts.
- Has a track record of working effectively with other senior managers, technical and non-technical.
What you are like:
- You are comfortable in navigating and leading teams in a decentralized environment across different stakeholders.
- You have strong analytical, communication, and problem-solving skills.
- You are focused on achieving goals in a fast-paced and result-oriented environment.
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset and “getting things done” mentality.
For this key role, we do only accept applications from residents in Switzerland (headquarter) currently.
Work at the Cardano Foundation
- Open minded, collaborative and diverse culture with truly human values
- Equal opportunities at anytime in respectful, fair and conscious surroundings
- Learning and development opportunities to strive for your individual goals
- Referral bonus for your efforts bringing the right people into our environment
- Flexible and remote working to ensure a good work life balance where wellbeing matters