Think outside of the box but also isn't afraid to think big and to act. Upcoming artists, future collectors, galleries, auction houses, fairs....
We are looking for YOU, a CPO to lead our innovative, visionary team and digital platform development.
As an early stage startup with lofty goals, stable financing and big
plans for 2021 and beyond, we are looking for someone who doesn’t just
think outside of the box but also isn’t afraid to think big and to act
accordingly. The sky’s the limit!
ArtDeal is the next generation marketplace for
upcoming artists, future collectors, galleries, auction houses, fairs
and all art lovers. We aim to close the gap between the magic of the
physical and the efficiency of the digital, by creating a truly
immersive, virtual, social, engaging and fun buying experience within a
Your role is to assure the successful execution of the company’s product mission
through development and deployment of the company’s web and app-based
platform. This requires envisioning the company’s service offerings as a
web- and app-based marketplace, leading the product team in the implementation of web and app-applications, and planning for risk and high-growth.
Strategy & Planning
- In partnership with the executive team, identify opportunities and
risks for delivering the company’s services as a web- and app based
business, including identification of competitive services,
opportunities for innovation, and assessment of marketplace obstacles
and technical hurdles to the business success.
- Identify technology trends and evolving social behaviour that may support or impede the success of the business.
- Evaluate and identify appropriate technology platforms (including
web application frameworks and the deployment stack) for delivering the
- Lead strategic planning to achieve business goals by identifying
and prioritizing development initiatives and setting timetables for the
evaluation, development, and deployment of all web- and app based
- Participate as a member of the senior management team in
establishing governance processes of direction and control to ensure
that objectives are achieved, risks are managed appropriately and the
organization’s resources are used responsibly, particularly in the areas
of software development, office networks and computers, and
- Establish a governance process that meets government, regulator,
partner, and company expectations for customer information privacy.
- Direct development and execution of an company-wide information security and disaster recovery and business continuity plan.
- Communicate the company’s technology strategy to investors, management, staff, partners, customers, and stakeholders.
Implementation & Deployment
- Responsible for the infrastructure and the company’s internal communication systems
- Overall responsibility for the company’s software revision and deployment processes as well as
for the data privacy and security.
- Lead and collaborate with the diverse product team, customers and
partners to develop use cases and specifications that describe the
implementation of the company’s services as a web application.
- Review current best practices for the selected web framework and establish the initial architecture for the application.
- Select and manage company staff or outsourced vendors who will implement the application.
- Establish and supervise the software development process, setting short-term objectives and assessing progress.
- Establish and supervise a quality assurance process, including integration and system testing.
- Review and approve proposed development releases and manage the release process.
- Establish and monitor a web analytics regime that measures site traffic and application usage relative to business goals.
- Support the marketing process by providing implementation of
technical requirements for Internet marketing and search engine
- Maintain “cutting edge” knowledge of technology benchmarks,
industry trends, emerging technologies, and software development best
practices by attending relevant conferences and reading.
- Define and communicate company values and standards for acquiring
or developing systems, equipment, or software within the company.
- Ensure company technical problems are resolved in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Develop, track, and control the development and deployment annual
operating and capital budgets for purchasing, staffing, and operations.
- Supervise recruitment, training, retention, and organization of all product team staff.
Manages: 1-3 direct reports
University degree in the field of computer science, business
administration, or another rigorous discipline. An advanced degree in
one these fields is a plus.
- Proven ability to lead and motivate teams in a collaborative environment.
- Demonstrated ability to envision web and app based services that meet consumer needs or solve business problems.
- A strong understanding of exponential technologies such as Blockchain and Machine Learning.
- A strong interest and broad knowlede of marketplaces and their specifics.
- Ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- 5-8 years of experience managing web application development.
- Good understanding of web technologies such as HTML, CSS and
- Familiarity with information security, privacy and operational risk management requirements
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and German.
- Exceptionally self-motivated and directed.
- Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Exceptional service orientation.
english: C1 – Advanced