Chief News Editor – Fintech & Crypto
*Work from anywhere on the planet! Our HQ is in London but have teams working remotely all over the world.* Finixio is seeking a talented and experienced Chief News Editor to join our team and contr
*Work from anywhere on the planet! Our HQ is in London but have teams working remotely all over the world.*
Finixio is seeking a talented and experienced Chief News Editor to join our team and contribute to our goal of creating the most informative sites in this vertical.
Our sites – Techopedia.com, Business2Community.com & Cryptonews.com – boast some of the best search rankings in the industry (5+ million visits monthly), competing with many mainstream sites, such as forbes.com. We focus on growth, and giving our audience trustworthy, reliable and informative content, with an emphasis on breaking news, engaging with industry thought leaders and leading the news agenda.
If you are knowledgeable about fintech, cryptocurrencies, blockchain technology, and the rapidly evolving world of decentralized finance (DeFi); have a passion for breaking news and delivering engaging stories that capture the attention of readers – you are most certainly in the right place.
As our Chief News Editor, you’ll be covering breaking news, market trends, and emerging technologies, while working closely with our editorial team to ensure all content is accurate, timely, and meets editorial standards. You will be responsible for creating and publishing original news content related to business, fintech and crypto on our biggest and best brands.
We especially are looking for someone who can demonstrate a depth of experience in both building and managing news teams. You will have an eye for detail but also an ability to strategize and implement solutions as required as you monitor the sites’ key performance indicators.
Integrating multimedia and social channels into our news operations is an important part of the job, as well as hiring new talent and training existing staff, all to be achieved while aligning with the commercial imperatives of the company. Videos, podcasts and events are also areas the company is keen to develop further, so expertise in these areas is helpful but not essential.
Techopedia.com, Business2Community.com, Cryptonews.com are leading news, analysis, education and data sites that cover the latest developments, trends and themes in the world of business, fintech and cryptocurrencies. In addition to covering the daily news cycle, our sites provide insight, reviews guides and other educational content for individuals and institutions looking to stay up-to-date with the rapidly evolving world of fintech, from blockchain to ChatGPT.
At Finixio, we’re committed to creating a culture that fosters growth, creativity, and innovation. If you’re passionate about the fintech and crypto industries and want to be part of a dynamic and fast-growing team, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Strategy and implementation of editorial policies and plans
- Oversight of news/editorial teams and news content production
- Management of staff, recruitment, budgets
- Ensure we build and maintain a best-in-class news function, including;
- Researching and producing original news stories related to the fintech/crypto industries, delivered in a timely manner, in line with content/editorial calendars and industry events
- Conducting interviews with industry experts and key players in the crypto space
- Monitoring, analyzing, and reporting of market trends, news developments, and regulatory changes related to the fintech/crypto industries
- Collaborating with other team members, including editors, writers and designers to produce engaging and informative content
- Acquisition of quality editorial talent to meet the needs of an expanding news operation as part of the wider Finixio media network.
- Manage and build out existing teams, including putting in place training programmes for continual professional development.
- Monitor key performance indicators such as traffic, SEO rankings, social media engagement and make improvements as required.
To be considered for this role, you should have:
- Experience in an editorial leadership capacity, ideally news/editor in chief
- Strong knowledge of the fintech / crypto industries, including areas ranging from VC investments, business technology and industry regulations to neobanks, industry regulations, artificial intelligence and other emerging trends
- Excellent writing and research skills, with a keen eye for accuracy and detail
- Maintenance of high standards is paramount
- Ability to meet tight deadlines (organizing team to do the same)
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively in a remote team environment
- Experience of managing a busy news desk and building editorial teams in fast-paced settings
- Familiarity with SEO best practices and the ability to optimize content for search engines
“What’s in it for me” we hear you ask?
- A brilliant opportunity to grow your career & work with a fun, fast-paced & growing company, prepared to let you shine
- An entrepreneurial environment where you learn more every day (we more than welcome and support people with their own projects)
- Build an organisation right from the “beginning”
- Personal responsibility with a ton of autonomy
- Truly remote working (Work anywhere in the world)
- 33/30 free paid days
- Market leading remuneration and bonuses + revenue/profit shares available
- Professional development and ongoing learning
- An international team with over 40 nationalities
Based in Central London, but adopting a flexible and remote approach; Finixio is a Lead Generation and Affiliate Marketing company, building websites appealing to audiences worldwide. Our sites cover news, education, comparison and reviews, within the following exciting niches:
- Forex & Online Trading
- Stocks & Shares
- Personal Finance, Loans, Banking
- Cyber Security & Software Technology
- Casino & Online Gaming
- Health & Nutrition
As part of a wider group, Finixio was formed in 2018 and is currently home to over 100 Websites / Brands – with more in the pipeline. It is a fantastic time to join our team of specialist digital marketers. With proven track records in our respective fields – we are well funded, highly profitable (yes, already!), and primed for significant growth.
Job Type: Full-time
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday