Hiber have created Hiber3D, a platform that enables anyone to build, manage and monetize their own virtual world presence on the 3D web. The Hiber3D technology is powering HiberWorld, our hub for peop
Hiber have created Hiber3D, a platform that enables anyone to build, manage and monetize their own virtual world presence on the 3D web. The Hiber3D technology is powering HiberWorld, our hub for people to play and create interactive 3D experiences on mobile devices and PCs. HiberWorld already hosts almost 5 million interactive 3D worlds.
What you’ll be doing
We are looking for C++ developers with a passion for game engines and games.
You will be part of the Game engine team and work together with developers, artists, designers, play-testers, data analysts, and other stakeholders, to build and maintain the Hiber3D engine.
Our real-time 3D engine is built on an ECS architecture and compiles to web-assembly. This makes the experiences we can provide performant for web on both desktop and touch, across all major web browsers, bringing players together around the globe.
Your daily work will include:
- Developing new features to raise our engine to the next level.
- Use the latest technologies to make 3D experiences accessible on the web.
- Writing C++ optimised for maintainability, scalability, and speed.
- Collaborating with other team members and stakeholders.
- Working cross-disciplinary with new and exciting gameplay features, real-time rendering, client-server networking, and/or game UI development.
- Has worked with C++ or similar for 5 or more years
- Experience of ESC game engine development
- Fluency in spoken and written English
Nice to haves:
- Client-server networking
- Cross-platform web-based applications for desktop and mobile
- Automated CI/CD Github actions
- Noesis or similar game engine UI libraries (MVVM)
- CMake, Sokol, Emscripten, Bullet
Benefits & other info:
- Competitive salary
- Career progression with the company
- 6 weeks paid holiday per year, one more than the Swedish statutory holiday allowance
- Stock option plan
- Annual wellness allowance
- Hiber Time – time every sprint to work on your passion projects
- Location: Gothenburg, Sweden
Hiber was founded in 2017 and is based in Gothenburg, Sweden. Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of the 3D web by lowering the barriers to creation and participation, and we are today 30+ people working to make that happen.
We are backed by a range of top investors in consumer technology, gaming, and blockchain, including EQT Ventures, Luminar Ventures, Konvoy Ventures, CMT Digital, Dreamcraft Ventures, SYBO, and others.
Our main product is Hiber3D, our platform for 3D worlds, consisting of a lightweight game engine, a set of services like multiplayer, identity, payment, web3, a large asset library and our different creator tools. Hiber3D powers HiberWorld – our hub for users to find, play and create 3D worlds.