Introduction At IBM, we know that transformation drives change, and it is in our DNA to continuously transform. Our Business Transformation Consultants help drive large scale change that spans IBM bu
At IBM, we know that transformation drives change, and it is in our DNA to continuously transform. Our Business Transformation Consultants help drive large scale change that spans IBM business units and geographies. As a part of this team, you will have the unique opportunity to be a part of driving IBM’s ongoing transformation as a company that continuously innovates and leads the market.
Your Role and Responsibilities
We’re looking for a passionate original thinker who wants to drive progress, grow your network and further your career. If you see yourself as someone who never stops learning and is dedicated to staying ahead and being essential for clients, who believes no problem is too big to solve, and who wants to unleash your potential, IBM Consulting is for you.
As a business transformation consultant trainee you’re right at the intersection of technology, people, and process, helping your clients transform how they adapt to shifts in the market, and more closely align their business strategy and vision. Business Transformation Consultants are important and key players for our clients. You’ll be their guide to developing an understanding of their processes, goals and objectives to define their future state, then help them get there.
You’ll help clients understand leading practices, curate employee experiences and enable the new ways of working. You’ll have an opportunity to build a powerful portfolio of interesting and rewarding experiences, taking advantage of opportunities to master new skills, learning about and becoming an expert in our client’s industries, and tackle new challenges.
Work you could do as a Business Transformation Consultant Trainee – Organizational Change Management and Communications:
- Develop training materials and support with English to Finnish translations
- Develop communications tailored to specific audiences
- Run or support workshops, meetings and stakeholder interviews
- Provide support to clients to deliver change initiatives
- Conduct change impact analysis and identify change mitigations
- Work in an agile and collaborative environment
What we offer you is access to a vast and diverse network of talented professionals, and unparalleled career, training, and educational opportunities. At IBM, you’ll be a part of something significant, something worthwhile. And you’ll also have access to flexibility, support and opportunity like nowhere else. Don’t compromise on your next career. Join us as we make the most of these exciting times and discover what you can make of this moment – you’ll be proud to call yourself an IBMer.
The contract is part-time and fixed term. Weekly working hours are limited to 30 to enable you to finalize your studies. Contract duration is 6-12 months depending on your individual schedule.
Preferred start date latest on 1st of September 2022
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
We expect you to:
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in some relevant field of studies in management, economics, sociology, psychology, communications, business design, information technology or equivalent
- Have a strong track record of academic success and be a final year student
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills both in English and in Finnish
- Be highly motivated, with clear evidence of drive and significant achievements
- Have the ability to understand clients’ needs and challenges, and apply creative and logical approach to identify solutions
- Have exceptional quantitative analysis skills and ability to derive recommendations informed by data and insights
- Have the ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently and meet deadlines, while maintaining focus in an environment with conflicting demands
- Have the ability to communicate complex situations clearly and simply by listening actively and conveying difficult messages in a positive manner
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
Other preferred expertise:
- Have a passion for innovative ideas, coupled with the ability to understand and assimilate different points of view.
- Have the ability to translate business requirements into solutions.
- Have the ability to apply logic to solve business problems through a detailed analytical approach.
- Have a drive to overcome the most challenging or difficult obstacles and look for ways to improve results.
- Actively seek new knowledge and improve skills.
- Have the ability to translate requirements into a business case.
About Business Unit
IBM Consulting is IBM’s consulting and global professional services business, with market leading capabilities in business and technology transformation. With deep expertise in many industries, we offer strategy, experience, technology, and operations services to many of the most innovative and valuable companies in the world. Our people are focused on accelerating our clients’ businesses through the power of collaboration. We believe in the power of technology responsibly used to help people, partners and the planet.
Your Life @ IBM
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It’s time to define your career.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
IBM wants you to bring your whole self to work and for you this might mean the ability to work flexibly. If you are interested in a flexible working pattern, please talk to our recruitment team to find out if this is possible in the current working environment.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.