Ripple is growing and we are looking for a dynamic, growth-oriented leader to join the Global Business Development Team as Director of Business Development for EMEA based in London. Ripple is a crypto
Ripple is growing and we are looking for a dynamic, growth-oriented leader to join the Global Business Development Team as Director of Business Development for EMEA based in London. Ripple is a crypto solutions leader that is transforming how the world moves, manages, and tokenizes value. We are working to bring the Internet of Value to life – and looking for talent to help drive this crypto-enabled future. The EMEA BD team is responsible for identifying and exploring new business opportunities and securing key partner relationships. As a senior leader and member of the Global BD organization and manager of the EMEA RippleNet BD team, you will set team strategy, manage a team of high performing deal-makers, and source and secure alpha and beta customers and strategic relationships with payment companies, fin-techs, banks, corporates, crypto companies and digital assets infrastructure players to enable Ripple’s vision and grow the business.
The ideal candidate will be a seasoned dealmaker and an entrepreneurial and experienced growth leader with business development, strategic partnerships, and/or corporate development experience, having the ability to think through how markets need to adapt to support paradigm-shifting technology. The candidate’s core skill sets should be in business development, deal execution, partner and stakeholder management, cross-functional collaboration, project execution, and team leadership. Working as part of a fast-moving global team, candidates will need to be self-starters with the ability to work independently and work effectively with leadership and cross-functional teams based in other time zones. As a team leader, the candidate should possess passion, empathy, motivation, and demonstrated success managing a distributed high-performing team. Additionally, they should have a relevant network in the region and industry with important touchpoints in crypto/digital assets, financial services, payments, and FinTech companies. A strong interest, curiosity, network, and experience in digital assets/crypto markets are desirable. Lastly, candidates should be comfortable working up and down organizations and with multiple stakeholders, internally and externally, and be capable of building strong relationships with partners and customers.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Help set the direction, strategy, and priorities for Business Development in EMEA, and influence the overall team and business strategy in the region.
- Identify and secure commercial relationships with Ripple customers and partners including digital asset exchanges, payment & FinTech companies, corporates, custodians, crypto partners, and financial institutions.
- Structure, negotiate and execute commercial deals with strategic partners to drive transaction volume, pilot and launch new services and use cases, enable the product infrastructure needed to operate and grow RippleNet, and create value for Ripple.
- Sponsor and lead key strategic projects across the region and business; partner closely with EMEA’s Managing Director, Product, and PMM on strategy, priorities, pipeline in support of growth targets.
- Lead, manage and coach a distributed team of high-performing business development professionals across the region.
- Be the voice of the customer and work with product, marketing, customer success/sales teams to help drive use cases for cross-border payments, crypto-as-a-service, and other new products.
- Collaborate with compliance, legal, and finance to ensure efficient and compliant strategy and deal execution.
- Lead education, thought leadership, and collaboration initiatives with external and industry bodies.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
Ideal candidates will:
- Demonstrate a track record in successfully launching and growing new businesses and services, and in building strategic and commercial relationships with key partners and customers in the payments, FinTech, crypto, and financial services industry.
- Have proven experience delivering transformative results and driving innovative deals/partnerships.
- Have a deep understanding of international payments, FX markets, correspondent banking, and/or treasury services in the EMEA region and beyond.
- Understand and be excited by how digital assets / crypto markets can transform cross border payments, financial services, and unlock other growing use cases.
- Have experience and be motivated to grow teams and talent, and celebrate team successes.
- 12+ years strategic business development or deal-making/closing experience.
- 10+ years cross border / international payments, FX, crypto, or similar FinTech/financial services experience.
- 5-7+ years experience leading deal teams.
Additionally, the individual will be:
- Entrepreneurial mindset and a self-starter.
- Proactive with drive and energy to deliver results independently.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced global organization with multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- Unfazed by the challenge of growing a business with paradigm-shifting technology.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Serious attention to detail and a commitment to excellence.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required with an MBA or equivalent preferred.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The chance to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact
- Competitive salary and equity
- Medical, dental, and vision with 100% employer contributions for employees and dependents
- Industry-leading parental leave policies
- Generous wellness reimbursement program
- Employee giving donation match
- Modern office location in Bank/Central London
- Weekly company meeting – ask me anything style discussions with our Leadership Team
- Training in our Headquarters in San Francisco, CA, USA
- Team outings to sports games, happy hours, game nights and more!
Ripple is flexible-first: Ripplers have the option to work remotely, from our offices, or a combination.
WHO WE ARE:
Ripple is doing for value what the internet did for information: enabling its instant and seamless flow around the world. We call this the Internet of Value (IoV). Using blockchain and cryptocurrency technology, Ripple is dedicated to creating powerful gains in financial efficiency, equity and inclusion. In addition, Ripple is developing and enabling the future use cases that will catalyze the new digital economy for governments, businesses and consumers.
Ripple has offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, London, Mumbai, Singapore, São Paulo, Reykjavík, Washington D.C. and Dubai.