About Status Status is building the tools and infrastructure for the advancement of a secure, private, and open web3. With the high level goals of preserving the right to privacy, mitiga
Status is building the tools and infrastructure for the advancement of a secure, private, and open web3.
With the high level goals of preserving the right to privacy, mitigating the risk of censorship, and promoting economic trade in a transparent, open manner, Status is building a community where anyone is welcome to join and contribute.
As an organization, Status seeks to push the web3 ecosystem forward through research, creation of developer tools, and support of the open source community.
As a product, Status is an open source, Ethereum-based app that gives users the power to chat, transact, and access a revolutionary world of DApps on the decentralized web. But Status is also building foundational infrastructure for the whole Ethereum ecosystem, including the Nimbus ETH 1.0 and 2.0 clients, the Keycard hardware wallet, and the Waku messaging protocol (a continuation of Whisper).
As a team, Status has been completely distributed since inception. Our team is currently 100+ core contributors strong, and welcomes a growing number of community members from all walks of life, scattered all around the globe.
We care deeply about open source, and our organizational structure has minimal hierarchy and no fixed work hours. We believe in working with a high degree of autonomy while supporting the organization’s priorities.
Who You Are?
You’re passionate about open source and p2p technologies for their potential to change how society is structured. You understand that blockchain networks and privacy-preserving tech are more than technologies – they’re part of a larger social movement for increasing individual freedom.
You want to be a part of this movement. You believe in the power of creating grassroots communities, and recognize this requires a cohesive communications strategy, advocacy, and an understanding of culture.
You thrive in a remote work environment that is fast-paced and growing quickly. You enjoy work that demands dedication, along with superb organizational and communication skills.
What Do We Need?
You’ll be responsible for Status’ Brand Design Department and their projects, admin and coordination. You also will play a key role in future production tasks – including our upcoming rebrand to position Status towards creating a DAO and Network State.
You’ll work closely with Status’ Brand Creative Director, Creative Strategist and Comms Director and will own the following responsibilities:
- Accountable for the brand design team and their projects, ensuring successful delivery of projects, administration, coordination and producing tasks
- Create a larger roadmap for our department visible to the organization, monitor the execution of the team’s projects, including metrics & financial health, to ensure they are delivered on time, on budget, and that the internal data is delivered.
- Help resolve blockers for your the team, collaborating with internal peers from engineering and other departments to do so.
- Ensure that the studio is consistently improving, and stress-free
- Mentor your team to help them grow as individuals and help the team develop in the organizational context
- Embody and help foster a supportive, compassionate, & collaborative environment
- Account Management: Build relationships with our internal & external stakeholders Identify areas of improvement for the Project Management department & processes
- Facilitate meetings and workshops to help develop your team’s skills and culture (e.g. team building, strategy, Goals/Vision/OKR, handling change, decision making, and conflict resolution)
- Maintain a high level of transparency with thorough communication & documentation
- Reports to the creative director of the studio
You ideally have:
- Experience in, and passion for, blockchain and peer-to-peer technology.
- Good understanding of organizational and operational structures
- Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills.
- 4+ years of experience working in Project Management
- Previous management/leadership experience, preferably running a multifaceted team of specialized individuals.
- Formal Qualification in Communications, PM, Marketing, or similar field.
- A strong alignment to Our Principles.
- Extreme focus on quality of work and a strong eye for detail.
- Excellent active listening skills and a high level of emotional intelligence & empathy
- Extremely organized, responsive, and accountable
- Demonstrated ability to independently navigate an organization
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate trade-offs and make effective decisions
Bonus points if:
- Experience working remotely.
- Experience working for an open source organisation or a politically aligned organization to Status.
- You identify with the Cypherpunk movement.
Don’t worry if you don’t meet all of these criteria, we’d still love to hear from you anyway if you think you’d be a great fit for this role!
Status offers above-average compensation, payable in fiat and/or crypto
The hiring process for this role will be:
- Submit your application and professional Curriculum Vitae
- Interview with Pepper, one of Status’ recruiters
- Interview with Carl, one of Status’ Co-founders
- Interview with Ned, Status’ Creative Director
- Interview with Jarrad, one of Status’ Co-founders
- Marketing assignment with sample legal tasks (paid, 3-4 hours max)