We’re looking for an ace wordsmith and skilled performer to help our team build a passionate brand for passionate people. As a full-time Brand Storyteller / Creative Writer, you will support the Brand
We’re looking for an ace wordsmith and skilled performer to help our team build a passionate brand for passionate people. As a full-time Brand Storyteller / Creative Writer, you will support the Branding Team and Marketing Team in the management of expectations and deliverables. The Brand Storyteller / Creative Writer will contribute their talent to our award-winning team and deliver branded assets and materials on time, on-budget, and on-brand.
The Brand Storyteller / Creative Writer will assist with various functions on the creative team and provide support to our creative department, with a strong focus on creating and shaping branded assets, content, and marketing communications messaging for a variety of initiatives. This position will include writing and shaping headlines and content for advertisements, press releases, website, and video scripting, as well as direct hosting and personality work.
This position will report to the Chief Brand Officer.
Words – a dictionary and a thesaurus are trusted resources in your arsenal of tools.
A cleverly written headline, print ad, billboard, or television ad.
An emotionally charged and compelling speech, or well-articulated and inspiring quotes.
Analyzing word choice and picking out the nuanced details between word selection.
Delivering powerful speeches with a flair for improv.
- A storyteller at heart, capable of shifting between a variety of writing styles: technical, academic, informative, emotional, creative, journalistic and business.
- An archaeologist. You dig into the details to uncover and craft authentic and compelling stories that resonate with audiences.
- A creative wordsmith who enjoys the challenges of finding the right combination of words and phrases to create meaning.
- A role-player capable of adjusting voice and tone to match a brand’s personality: serious, humorous, informative, inspiring.
- An excellent written communicator – you understand prose, poetry, and rhetorical devices to deliver compelling and engaging content.
- An excellent verbal communicator – you can articulate well, and flex your tone to match your audience’s emotional expectations.
- Comfortable interviewing people to get to the bottom of a story.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, demanding environment that requires eagle-eye focus and extreme attention to detail.
- A highly-motivated self-starter with strong organizational and time management skills.
- A critical thinker who enjoys writing content that engages, excites, entertains, and informs.
- A good listener and willing to take direction.
- A bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, English, Creative Writing, or related field. Consideration will be given to candidates who have over 5 years of industry experience in a similar role if they do not have a bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum 2 years in a copywriting position at an agency, or corporate environment.
- Experience in theatre and public-speaking.
- Stellar problem-solving skills and strong analytical skills.
- Ability to conduct sophisticated and creative analysis, yet translate those results to easily digestible messages, communications, and storylines.
- Flexibility and ability to adjust on the fly to new demands; a sense of urgency.
- An out-going, friendly, can-do attitude that thrives in a collaborative team environment. We’re looking for a “people person” who values the strength of building lasting, meaningful relationships with clients and internal team members.
- Excellent grammar, spelling skills, and proofreading skills.
- 35% Acting as community lead for organic marketing efforts
- 30% Interacting with brands and influencers on Twitter
- 15% Communicating corporate vision to community on telegram and discord
- 10% Writing ad/post copy
- 5% Writing reddit posts to engage the reddit audience
- 5% Hosting twitter space events
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned as needed:
- Ideation, creative concept development, and weaving all components of a story from start to finish, through a variety of mediums and channels.
- Identifying channels and new audiences for our brand story, and pitching our story in a concise, effective way tailored to that audience.
- Providing personality and cultural leadership to the community, articulating the latest strategies and long-term vision.
- Rallying support from the community, and providing perspective on opportunities and organic social media strategies.
Technical, Business, Journalistic & Narrative Content:
- Incorporating SEO keywords into web content.
- Writing page meta tags and image caption descriptions for websites (web accessibility)
- Crafting headlines and body copy for billboard and print ads.
- Writing biographies
- Writing engaging and shareable social media content
- Editing for grammar, context, and logic
- Writing informative, how-to, and FAQ content for web and print collateral
- Crafting radio, video and tv scripts
- Writing news-worthy press releases
- Writing advertorials or editorial stories
- Writing complete website and landing page content
- Writing brochure content
- Long-format blog and online articles
Not Required, but Definitely a Plus:
- Creative, advertising writing experience
- Experience writing for websites
- Interviewing experience
- Experience with WordPress website management (uploading content, images, or new pages).
- Experience working at an agency, or on multiple projects at once.
- SEO and SEM
- Working knowledge and understanding of various writing styles: AP, APA, Chicago and MLA
- Understanding of UX/UI Design principles
- Knowledge of Human-Centered Design principles
In return we offer:
- Competitive salary (DoE)
- Flexible working (100% remote)
- Annual staff bonus
ELONGATE is a cryptocurrency token that opens the gate between the worlds of crypto and social impact. ELONGATE harnesses the enthusiasm and emotion of the crypto space and brings it back to the altruistic core. By marrying the personal incentive with the charitable act, ELONGATE elevates the crypto community and makes philanthropy and humanitarian perspective, once again, part of the crypto narrative. To date, ELONGATE has donated $3,490,000 to social impact causes and employs 35+ employees across 20 countries.
ELONGATE is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
Due to the large volume of applications we receive, we will only be able to contact again those candidates who are being most actively considered for the position.