Kraken is changing the world. Join the revolution!
Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. Founded in 2011 and with over 4 million clients, Kraken is one of the world’s largest, most successful bitcoin exchanges and we are growing faster than ever. Our range of successful products are playing an important role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We attract people who constantly push themselves to think differently and chart exciting new paths in a rapidly growing industry. Kraken is a diverse group of dreamers and doers who see value in being radically transparent.
In our first decade Kraken has risen to become one of the best and most respected crypto exchanges in the world. We are changing the way the world thinks about money and finance. The crypto industry is experiencing unprecedented growth and Kraken is leading the charge. We’ve grown from 70 Krakenites in January 2017 to over 1600 today and we have no intention of slowing down.
*EMEA and APAC timezones
Kraken is seeking a cyber security analyst to join our Blue Team. The team operates to detect, investigate and respond to security events and attacks against the Kraken digital asset exchange. This position reports to the Blue Team manager and is a member of the global security team working to secure one of the leading cryptocurrency exchanges in the world. The individual we are seeking has previous experience in the triage and in-depth analysis of security events as well as knowledge around developing new detections that keeps us at pace with the latest threats and attacker techniques.
- Active participant in the 24/7 Blue Team operation.
- Provide monitoring, triage and analysis of security events.
- Act as incident responder for potential incidents identified.
- Perform forensic analysis and gather evidence.
- Develop detection strategies and deploy alerting to identify malicious activity.
- Define and mature Blue Team playbooks of operational response to cyber threats.
- Perform threat hunting for sophisticated, advanced threats.
- Participate in and lead training activities, working groups and knowledge sharing with other members in the team.
- Proven experience as an analyst working with security event triage and incident management workflows.
- Strong background in security disciplines such as, Detection Engineering, Incident Response, Threat hunting or Digital forensics.
- Experience with monitoring and managing threat detection systems, threat intelligence platforms, SIEM and security devices.
- In-depth understanding of the cyber threat landscape and advanced adversary tactics.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique backgrounds and experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives.
Check out all our open roles at https://www.kraken.com/careers. We’re excited to see what you’re made of.
Learn more about us