Permanent | Full Time
Founded in 2020, Gunzilla Games is a fresh, independent AAA developer working on its Battle Royale 2.0 Off The Grid in three metropolitan locations: Frankfurt, Germany (HQ); Los Angeles, USA; and Kyiv, Ukraine. The company is helmed by serial entrepreneur CEO, Vlad Korolev and CSO Alexander Zoll. Gunzilla is built on the desire to innovate and push the limits of the industry.
Gunzilla’s formidable team of talent comes from a variety of industry-leading studios and publishers (Ubisoft, Electronic Arts (EA), THQ etc) as well as Oscar-nominated screenwriter, director and producer Neill Blomkamp, Chief Visionary Officer, and the author of the Altered Carbon series, that has been adapted into a popular Netflix show, Richard K. Morgan, Script Writer.
Gunzilla Leadership team includes well-known industry professionals like Timur Davidenko, Chief Technology Officer (Far Cry, Warface, and Crysis), Scott Probin, Studio Director (EA Sports’ NHL series, the Need for Speed franchise, Populous 2, Powermonger, Space Hulk), Oleksiy Plaksin, Lead Art Director, (Moto GP and RIDE, Warface and Act of Aggression, Sniper: Ghost Warrior), Dmitriy Markov, Technical Director (Metro: Exodus, Arktika.1), Volodymyr Savin, Audio Director (Cut the Rope, Metro Exodus, HBO Chernobyl series).
- Players First & Foremost. We aim to create titles that players love and get lost in, so our games are developed with them in mind from the start.
- We Believe in Our People. We believe in building strong teams of self-motivated individuals empowered to work at their best in a supportive environment; when we’re strong together, we thrive together.
- Commitment to Engagement & Quality. We are deeply passionate about what we do, ensuring we produce next-generation experiences of the highest caliber.
- Make Bold Moves & Innovate. We strive to make bold moves and push technology to its limits; there are no wrong steps if the outcome redefines the boundaries.
- Open & Honest. We believe in building trust through transparency and honest communication. We’re proud of who we are, what we stand for, and what we’re building.
ABOUT THE JOB
Gunzilla Games is looking for a Technical Support Engineering candidate that is passionate about technology and customers. A true problem solver, the Technical Support Engineer will take personal ownership in seeing a problem through to resolution. You have to understand IT environments across heterogeneous operating environments. You have to be comfortable speaking with security and customer operation teams. You have to be both deep technical and customer friendly. Successful candidate to have the desire to take the initiative to own and resolve customer issues, and interest in working in a fast paced, high growth, learning environment.
- Take end-to-end ownership of customer issues, including initial troubleshooting, identification of root cause and issue resolution.
- Analyzing logs and working side by side with engineers finding issue clues.
- Meet or exceed customer expectations on response quality, timeliness of responses and overall customer experience.
- Serve as an internal and external point of contact on customer escalations and ensure customer issues are resolved as expediently as possible.
- Collect information and document bugs with Engineering for product issues that are impacting customers.
- Create process or troubleshooting documentation in the support knowledge base.
- Proficient English writing and speaking skills
- 2+ years of customer support, technical support, system administration or related customer facing role.
- Understanding of various os: Linux, MacOS, Windows.
- Passion for solving customer issues and advocating for their success, in a fast paced, highly technical environment.
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly.
- Excellent relationship management, customer service and communication skills in variety of forms (written, live chat, conference calls, in-person.)
- Ability to work independently with little direct supervision and as a part of a team.
- Good analytical and organizational abilities.
- Ability to remain calm, composed and articulate when dealing with tough customer situations.
STRONGLY DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Understanding of Blockchain, Ethereum in particular.
- Experience troubleshooting web applications
- Basic proficiency in HTML/CSS/JS
- Understanding of REST API and proficiency with Postman
- Proficiency with browser developer tools
- Experience with AWS, including Cloudwatch.
- Understanding Docker and Kubernates.
- Experience working with security applications such as AV, VPN, Firewall, proxy.
- Linux troubleshooting experience a plus
- Flexible Working & Work from Home
- Health Insurance
- Revenue Based Bonuses
- English / German Courses
- 25 Annual Paid Vacation & Sick Days
- Public Transportation
- Relocation & Accommodation Support
- Office Perks & Gym Membership