Tech Lead ABOUT GIMLY Gimly is a product research and development company specializing in the application of blockchain and IoT technologies in business. Our focus is on self-sovereign identity and s
Gimly is a product research and development company specializing in the application of blockchain and IoT technologies in business. Our focus is on self-sovereign identity and secure data exchange as pivotal building blocks for the future of internet, supply chain, finance, and health care.
At Gimly, we adopt a systems-thinking approach towards innovation and business development, focusing on stakeholder alignment, collaboration and partnering. We are an active member of the Decentralized Identity Foundation, part of the European SSI framework (eSSIf-lab) ecosystem, and an active participant in the Dutch blockchain community.
In addition to developing our own solutions (web and mobile) and infrastructure components, we work with clients to deliver tailor-made solutions for their business needs. Our approach includes a mapping of clients’ needs, product and technology research, selection of technology partners, and an agile software development process product definition and UX research, and agile (SCRUM) software development.
With Gimly you will be working at the forefront of leading-edge technology, including blockchain and IoT technology and self-sovereign identity. Gimly recently obtained two European grants for further developing, and earlier won the internet of logistics track of Odyssey Momentum 2020, resulting in a pilot project with KLM and DHL. This provides us with the opportunities to further develop some of our main components and solutions:
- NFC hardware wallets for self-sovereign identity, DIDs and VCs.
- Secure and self-sovereign data-vault.
- SSI crypto-suite for multisig and delegated authorizations.
- Enterprise SSI solution for identification, authorizations and data-exchange.
As our tech lead, you will be leading the research and development work for our own solutions and our clients’ projects. You will work closely with the UX lead and product owner in planning the development work and assigning development tasks to internal and external developers.
You will be responsible for the entire development cycle, including product definition and planning with technical requirements, quality-assurance processes, and DevOps.
- Bleeding edge technology.
- Open source projects.
- Be part of a fast-growing start-up.
- Continuous learning of new SSI and blockchain protocols.
- Remote work.
- Salary indication, depending on experience: Up to €85,000 plus Equity
- Stock options can be discussed.
- mid-senior level.
- 3+ years (FTE) of experience leading development teams with SCRUM-like methodologies.
- 2+ years (FTE) of experience with blockchain development (e.g. ethereum, eosio, polkadot, but learning new tech is also part of the job).
- 1+ years (FTE) AWS or other cloud infrastructure and DevOps. Kubernetes is a plus
- Good understanding of cryptography and privacy and security considerations.
- Strong communicator in English (written and spoken), Dutch is a plus!
Think you have what it takes?
If the answer is yes, I would like to meet you asap, so please apply below, and please don’t forget to include within your CV an insights into your work and what you have built.