The Macro Innovation and Engineering team are focused on helping our businesses adopt, adapt, and maximize value from utilizing technologies at the forefront in our sector. Our group is current
Our group is currently concentrating on emerging technologies including Blockchain/Distributed Ledgers, Compute optimisation, Cloud, Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning, Mobile, Quantum and Fintech Incubation.
We seek highly motivated, engineering focused developers to work in our Blockchain / Distributed Ledger Technology team.
As a Software Engineer in the Blockchain team, you will:
- Play a key role in building out the next generation of the financial ecosystem using distributed ledger technologies within JPMorgan’s industry leading CIB Markets business.
- Work within a team with decades of Markets experience, looking to transform the industry from the inside using DLT.
- Partner closely with our Front Office, Operations and Core Blockchain teams – imagining, experimenting and executing on transformative DLT
- Be given the freedom to experiment with and develop new ideas and represent them to business leaders within CIB Markets
- Lead projects from inception to delivery working with a team of highly talented engineers
- Collaborate with industry regulators and external organizations with similar goals as we see continued adoption of this emerging technology, and help shape the future of the evolving industry and regulatory
- Be an advocate of DLT and Blockchain across the firm
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical or engineering field or equivalent practical experience.
- Programming experience in any modern language
- Passionate about Distributed Ledger Technology/Blockchain
- Understanding of architecture and design across enterprise systems
- Knowledge of industry-wide technology trends and best practices
- Proven track record of delivering software development projects
- Familiarity with using Git or other version control software for source code management
- Ability to work with diverse groups of people including all levels of business stakeholders
- Excellent collaboration and facilitation skills
Desirable skills (not essential to apply):
- Development experience on the Ethereum ecosystem
- Development experience with Python and/or Web technologies
- Experience of working in a front office / trade processing environment within financial services
- Understanding of cryptographic protocols and blockchain implementations
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.