Blockchain Research Assistant - T&O Boadilla del Monte, Spain WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING BANCO SANTANDER is looking for a BLOCKCHAIN RESEARCHER, based in our BOADILLA DEL MONTE office. WHY YOU SHOULD
Boadilla del Monte, Spain
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
BANCO SANTANDER is looking for a BLOCKCHAIN RESEARCHER, based in our BOADILLA DEL MONTE office.
WHY YOU SHOULD CONSIDER THIS OPPORTUNITY
Would you like to be part of one of the largest transformations the World is experiencing in the past several decades? In Financial Services, consumer expectations are rising, and technological advances are enabling amazing customer experiences and new businesses not possible before. The emergence of disruptive platforms as a business model has reshaped other industries and is poised to do the same in financial services.
We are convinced of the importance of technology that is aligned with the requirements of the business and that our work not only brings value to users, people and communities but also fosters individual creativity. Our team of over 2,000 people in 7 countries (Spain, Portugal, UK, USA, Mexico, Chile and Brazil) develops and/or implements financial solutions across a broad spectrum of technologies (including Blockchain, Big Data and Angular among others) on all kinds of on-premise and cloud-based platforms.
You can click here Why Santander to watch a short clip and learn why banking is still exciting.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
As a Blockchain Researcher , you will be perform hands-on evaluation of new technologies emerging in the Blockchain space, assessing their maturity, robustness and applicability in the Financial Industry. Engage with external partners. Define and execute Proof-of-concept projects with emerging technologies in Blockchain and Digital Identity. Provide expert support for Santander projects.
We need someone like you to help us in different fronts:
- Engage with external partners in identifying and evaluating new solutions and technologies in Blockchain.
- Set up and maintain software installations in the Computing Cloud (Azure, AWS) required by the research and proof-of-concept projects conducted by Santander Blockchain Center of Excellence.
- Design and execute evaluation projects, create in-depth post-project reporting.
- Create excellent documentation and provide assistance with software integration in projects involving multiple parties, both from the Santander Group and from the outside.
- Work hand in hand with the Santander Technologies experts in software and IT infrastructure domains.
- Stay on top of the rapid developments in applied cryptography and blockchain technology, as well as in the related domains like Confidential Computing and Multi-party Computing.
- Maintain software repositories and manage access permissions to these repositories within the projects.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- +3 years participation in blockchain/cryptography related software development or research projects. Experience in design and documentation of IT solutions.
- Diploma/Technical degree.
- Mathematical sciences-related degree (IT, applied mathematics, physics), preferably with some exposure to cryptography.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Good knowledge of IT documentation standards (UML, BPMN, Archimate, etc.). Very good command of Object-Oriented programming paradigm. Familiarity with Functional Programming. Good command of linear algebra and basic cryptography, knowledge of technologies underpinning Internet (IP, DNS, HTTP/HTTPS). Familiarity with Blockchain Layer-2 solutions, DeFi, Zero-Knowledge-Proofs.
- Knowledge of current software development tools. Understanding of modern computer hardware architecture.
- Nice to have– Zero-knowledge proofs: zkSNARKs, zkSTARKs, other. Solidity smart-contract programming language, Ethereum, Hyperledger Fabric, CORDA, SGX.
- Be interested in: Cross chain transactions; Layer 2 Solutions; Decentralized Financial Instruments.
The current focus of the Lab’s research is application of Zero-knowledge proofs, Confidential computing and Digital Identity.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
Welcome to #TheSantanderEffect. Here, with only a small action or a simple idea, you can do great things. We offer you the advantages and the means to contribute to the progress of more than 140 million people around the world. These are the key factors that multiply the actions of all our employees:
- Meaningful Impact – Where the effect of your work makes a difference and helps people to prosper.
- Personal and Professional Growth – The chance to develop through world-class training, challenging work, and different roles.
- Respect – Be part of an organization that cares – about its people, its wider community, and the environment.
- Co-worker quality – Work with inspiring professionals who are leaders in their field.
- Global stability – Work for a solid global organization that has successfully reinvented itself many times in its 160- year history.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Agile Development (Working Knowledge), Application Delivery Process (Working Knowledge), Communicating for Impact (Working Knowledge), Problem Solving (Working Knowledge), Programming (Extensive Experience), Software Development (Extensive Experience), Software Engineering (Working Knowledge), Software Product Technical Knowledge (Working Knowledge), Taking Ownership (Working Knowledge), Technical Excellence (Working Knowledge), Testing (Working Knowledge)