Position Summary The Blockchain Intelligence team at Crystal is made up of world class cryptocurrency analysts and investigators. This team builds and enriches the core data assets represented in Crys
The Blockchain Intelligence team at Crystal is made up of world class cryptocurrency analysts and investigators. This team builds and enriches the core data assets represented in Crystal products.
The Blockchain Intelligence Director will have a depth of experience building intelligence programs and teams related to dark web, counter-terrorism, financial crime, malware, and/or drug enforcement investigations or technical analysis. We measure their success by the increase in insights delivered through our products and used by our customers to investigate and stop illicit use of cryptocurrency.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Building and executing strategies to obtain identifications of illicit entities requiring extremely difficult, complex, and technical investigations of their blockchain-related activity.
- Leading the Blockchain Intelligence Team.
- Ensuring the adequacy and completeness of investigations and the data collection methods used to determine the authenticity, veracity, and pertinence of that data resulting in continued credibility of Crystal data.
- Expanding the team’s collaboration with partners and customers for shared intelligence.
- Proactively identify, build and manage relationships with industry partners to add new sources of attribution to Crystal.
- Implementing metrics and methods for tracking the team’s impact on our products and customers.
- Building a strong relationship with our Product, Marketing, Engineering, and Revenue teams to ensure our data aligns with the needs of our customers.
- Technical background.
- Prior experience in forensic experience related to dark web, counter-terrorism, financial crime, insider threat, and/or drug enforcement investigations or technical analysis.
- Expert knowledge in open-source blockchain analysis tools.
- Experience in investigations related to activity in countries on FATF’s list of high risk jurisdictions and/or jurisdictions under increased monitoring. Multilingual is a plus.
- Experience building and/or running a team of analysts/investigators.
- Insatiable curiosity about cryptocurrencies and the growing blockchain ecosystem.