Blockchain Engineer (f/m/x) Zurich, Switzerland Would the opportunity to disrupt the global arts industry through technological innovation excite you? Imagine a world where the story and proven
Blockchain Engineer (f/m/x)
Remote, Berlin, Zurich
Would the opportunity to disrupt the global arts industry through technological innovation excite you? Imagine a world where the story and provenance of every piece of art is stored immutably. Where artists automatically receive royalties for future sales, and where new ownership models are redefined to open up more flexibility for collectors, artists and galleries.
Backed by two of the most influential leaders in the global art world, BCG Digital Ventures is currently building the platform that will become the digital backbone of the physical art industry. Leveraging new technologies centered around distributed ledgers, the platform will enable artists, art institutions, and museums to use a suite of tools to trade art and keep artists connected to their artwork. All while increasing operational transparency and efficiency in what is currently a fragmented ecosystem. We will redefine art ownership and open up exciting new models of participation for private and institutional galleries, artists, and collectors.
Due to launch in 2022, we are now recruiting the future team that will take over the reins from BCGDV and grow this business over the coming years and transform a very traditional industry primed for significant technological disruption. To achieve these goals, we will need a fantastic team to build upon the great work done during incubation and take the business forward.
The tech stack:
The frontend is built in Vue.js, Nuxt.js, and Typescript and the backend is primarily built in Spring Boot and Kotlin. Frontend and backend communicate via a GraphQL API.
Our infrastructure is deployed on AWS, using Terraform to manage it. CI/CD pipelines are managed via Github Actions.
Our blockchain infrastructure is Ethereum based, with smart contracts written in Solidity.
What you’ll do
- Grow an innovative, ground breaking product that address real customer frictions by developing and optimizing the blockchain platform and creating a smooth and pleasant end-user experience for our customers
- Contribute to a future-ready and high-quality performance code base, working on technical solutions and product ideas in close cooperation with other developers, designers and product managers
- Take end to end ownership over what you build and focus on qualities such as testing, security, stability, scalability and operability
- Develop and implement blockchain solutions on Ethereum and Quorum protocols
- Build smart contracts written in Solidity
- Design an overall architecture and integrate blockchain solutions into existing infrastructure
- Know the Ethereum development ecosystem and latest tech advances, newest hacks and security issues in software development, blockchain, and Web 3.0
- Translate features into development stories in collaboration with product management and drive their delivery & execute the backlog
- Foster good agile practices that provide a foundation for iterative product development and build valid solutions to live problems
What you’ll need
- We’re looking for engineers to work on both smart contracts as well as client-level and protocol-level parts of the blockchain, so experience in one area or the other is needed
- Experience building production-ready projects or work
- Experience working in a cross-functional setting with Developers, Product Managers and Designers
- Excellent knowledge of software engineering best practices (e.g. test-driven development, unit testing, code reviews, and design documentation)
- Product bias with the ability to balance user-centric considerations with those of the wider company
- Demonstrate a growth mindset and strong collaboration skills to thrive in multidisciplinary teams
- You are adaptable to change and keen to work in a dynamic environment helping to shape an early-stage product
- Strong focus on code quality, robustness, automation, testing, and monitoring
To learn more, visit us at bcgdv.com
BCG Digital Ventures is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.
After clicking “Apply”, you will be asked to submit your contact details and resume/CV. To read how BCG Digital Ventures GmbH processes your information, click here. Processing is based on your consent and you may withdraw it at any time.