Are you passionate about blockchain and decentralized networks and their potential to transform how people, companies, and governments interact with finance? Do you want to define the future direction for Obscuro’s DeFi capabilities?
Obscuro taps into the DeFi space, one of the first true ‘killer apps’ for public blockchains, and provides a platform for many commercial and personal use-cases where smart contracts need to be executed confidentially. This is in contrast to all other smart contract platforms, with one or two exceptions, where they rely on the entire network seeing all transactions. Our whitepaper lays out our vision, motivation and goals.
We are looking for an experienced engineer to contribute to the vision, roadmap, and feature definition of Obscuro in the rapidly evolving and broad landscape of blockchain technology and use cases. You’ll be part of the team responsible for implementing the offerings, including early prototyping (with a focus on user experience) and large-scale engineering.
We are looking for a candidate that is obsessed with delivering the most customer-centric experiences on the planet, showing proven success in ownership, bias for action, and thinking big. You will need to exhibit excellent judgement, prioritizing between features, architectural improvements, and operational excellence. We are looking for a strong sense of ownership and a communicator who can share their vision with senior stakeholders, but also be part of an engineering team to dive deep into details to make ideas a reality. You will have a track record delivering outstanding product ideas at scale in emerging spaces, and are passionate about blockchain, distributed systems and cloud scale software. Ideally you will have experience delivering products or innovations in the blockchain, DeFi or traditional financial services spaces.
Skills and Responsibilities
- Highly productive with full-stack and back-end languages (C++, Golang, Java, Kotlin), libraries, and architectures. You are recognised as a subject matter expert by your peers and developer community.
- Strong technical acumen. You can dissect complicated technical problems, simplify experiences and contribute to continuous improvement.
- You innovate on behalf of our customers to achieve high impact outcomes, consistently anticipating and solving for customer needs.
- Both technically deep and business savvy to interface with all levels and disciplines within an organization and meaningfully contribute your technical knowledge to the broader strategy for Obscuro.
- Experience collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data from disparate sources to drive conclusions and recommendations.
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit and an advanced understanding of long-term business needs and the competitive environment.
- You are able to work independently and effectively in a results-oriented environment and often use judgement to make decisions of high complexity and impact. Relies on limited guidance for most complex decision-making.
- Strong track record of delivering products and ensuring customer success.
- Comfortable interacting with all levels of the Obscuro team in some cases providing informal mentoring and coaching to help the team achieve exceptional results.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree or PhD in computer science, cryptography or another engineering field with computing exposure. You’ll undertake a short code test using a language and IDE of your choice where we can assess your thought process and design approach.
- 5+ years experience with blockchain frameworks, technology, and applications including Ethereum or other distributed application (Dapp) platforms. Experience in Decentralized Finance a plus.
- Experience in the cloud computing technology space.
- Proficient in information, data modelling and databases, not limited to SQL.
- We encourage a diverse and inclusive team which is more than just highly skilled. If you don’t meet all the above criteria, but you like our approach and think you can contribute, please get in touch using whichever channel you prefer. We’re always interested in meeting collaborative people who are excited to work with us.