Quarkslab is a French company specializing in information security R&D, consulting and software development. Our expertise is in combining offensive and defensive security to help organizations adopt
Quarkslab is a French company specializing in information security R&D, consulting and software development. Our expertise is in combining offensive and defensive security to help organizations adopt a new security posture: Force the attackers, not the defender, to adapt constantly. Through our consulting services as well as our software we provide tailored solutions to organizations, helping them to protect their assets, sensitive data, and users against increasingly sophisticated attacks.
Quarkslab is an avid and active user of, and contributor to, Open Source Software and develops and maintains state-of-the-art security tools such as LIEF , QBDI, Triton, Irma, and several other projects.
We develop two commercial software products: QFlow, a platform to automate and orchestrate security analysis of files at scale, and QShield, advanced code and data protection software to disrupt code lifting, reverse engineering and tampering attacks.
Are you fascinated by the new possibilities offered by the Blockchain and Web3? Do you want to bring your experience and creativity into this world to help secure this area? Do you want to experience what is being done at the forefront of the field? If yes, we are looking for you!
Within the Quarkslab Lab, you will participate in the expansion of our activities related to blockchain technologies, that we started in 2018. Specifically, Quarkslab specializes in wallet and infrastructure security audits.
By relying on the different expertise of our project manager and engineers, for example in cryptography or fuzzing, you will participate in software based security evaluations of whole ecosystems, not only smart contracts. You’ll be working with a team in source code reviews that will require that you deep dive into several blockchain technologies, grasp the code architecture, and finally look for logic security vulnerabilities that could lead to DoS or double spending.
We are looking for a curious person interested in taking up new challenges and investigating new categories of security vulnerabilities. At Quarkslab, we enjoy writing tools and perform research to smooth our audit activities and get better results. Within this role, you will have the opportunity to work on R&D projects in which you will step up and define new methodologies and tools to facilitate blockchain vulnerability research, and to share your knowledge in conferences.
Prior knowledge of blockchain ecosystems is not mandatory, as long as you are a fast learner and willing to discover new languages, such as Rust, Go, and frameworks. Some experiences in source code auditing is obviously important, but that is something that you can definitely learn with us!
Still interested? Do not waste more time and apply today.
Your responsibilities include:
- Study and evaluate blockchain-based implementations
- Identify design vulnerabilities and propose solutions to mitigate them
- Propose and set up tools facilitating test automation or vulnerability research
- Identify points of interest for R&D in the field of blockchain
- Share your knowledge internally and externally
About the Lab
Within Quarkslab, the Lab, composed of 38 engineers, carries out projects, internal or external, around the following themes:
- Reverse engineering: understanding how a program works without having the source code;
- Cryptography: analyzing or designing cryptography in applications to increase security properties;
- Vulnerability research: evaluate the robustness of a target, identify vulnerabilities and develop exploits;
- Hardware and software security: working on smart card-based systems, designing software and hardware architectures and testing their security level.
These projects are conducted in different technical environments, from general public operating systems to dedicated SOCs and hardware. We focus on the internal mechanisms of these systems with specific tools (see our public tools such as Triton, LIEF or QBDI). They are developed for our customers (software editors, industry, large accounts, administration), and in the framework of internal R&D projects.
Why work at Quarkslab?
Work with an amazing team, eager to learn and play with new approaches and technologies, mixing various skills (security, compilation, program analysis, reverse engineering, software engineering). International environment with offices in Paris and Buenos Aires (team croissants vs. team asado), representations in Tokyo and Singapore.
- Attend conferences in your field, learn from many internal events (weekly conference, trainings, research activities).
- Contribute and support Open Source Software: Our own tools and other people’s projects.
- Flexible work hours, work from home.
- Premium health insurance.
- Call with our Talent Acquisition Manager
- Call with Hiring Manager
- Resolution of a technical challenge
- Technical interview in our Paris / Rennes offices or via video conference
- HR debriefing and job offer
Quarkslab is proud to be an equal opportunity employer in the workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of ethnicity, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender identity. If you have a disability or special needs that require certain accommodations, please let us know and we will be happy to consider them.
You have knowledge and experience in the following areas:
- Experience in the field of blockchain
- Some experience in programming (main idioms etc.)
- Interested to discover languages such as Rust or Go
- Knowledge of domain architecture and security concepts
- Knowledge of existing consensus protocols
- Knowledge of cryptographic concepts related to the field
- Good writing skills
- Ability to understand unknown issues
- Autonomy and strong learning abilities
You are fluent in English.