At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your uni
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Disruption is changing the way the world works. It’s happening quickly. And it’s creating opportunity, if you can keep up and even get ahead of it. That’s why we’ve established a dedicated Global Innovation team focused on understanding external forces changing our world and how to do things differently in 6 months, 3 years, 10 years and beyond.
Our global network of EY teams and innovation centers are creating powerful ideas for organizations and ourselves, especially around opportunities coming from artificial intelligence, blockchain, robotics and data and analytics.
You will be a part of the Global Innovation Blockchain team, an innovative and collaborative group of technical developers, cryptographers, mathematicians and business strategists who are dedicated to the application of blockchain technology and the development of world-class products. At EY, you will help our clients, some of the most influential companies, explore emergent applications and transform the way the world does business.
Your key responsibilities
Blockchain technology is a complex emerging capability that is far from mature. Above and beyond any of the “essential” skills for this job, you must have a love of new technologies and a passion for learning by doing and leading by example.
- Communicating product goals
- Creating product backlog items
- Ordering product backlog
- Close collaboration with the Audit / Assurance service line
- Ensuring the backlog is well communicated
Skills and attributes for success
- Advanced technical experience:
- Business Case Development
- Demand Analysis
- Financial & Risk Management
- Knowledge of Customers Market
- Portfolio Management
- Product Commercialization
- Product Lifecycle Management (Using Agile Methodologies)
- Stakeholder Management
- Strategic Product Planning and Roadmap
- Technology Business Requirements Definition, Analysis and Mapping
- Advanced business skills:
- Building and managing relationships
- Client trust and value
- Commercial astuteness
- Communicating with impact
- Digital fluency
- Emotional agility
- Hybrid collaboration
- Leading Teams
- Managing change
- Negotiation and influencing
- Other skills and attributes:
- Contribute to EY’s internal knowledge base on best practices in this emerging technology area.
- Drive the process to mature promising concepts into prototypes which can be leveraged in the marketplace.
- Passionate about technology and applying it to business solutions.
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity and a changing environment.
- Self-starter-able to work on his/her own initiative with minimal supervision.
To qualify for the role you must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Economics, Finance or a related field and 5 years of financial accounting/audit work experience. Alternatively, will accept a Master’s degree in Accounting, Economics, Finance or related field and 4 years of financial accounting/audit work experience.
- Must have active CPA certification or foreign equivalent, CFA, CFE or Enrolled Agent certification, or sufficient coursework/experience requirements (as determined by state Board of Accountancy)
- Big 4 or other relevant professional services experience
- A keen interest to pursue a career in software development and work in an agile way
- Ideally some previous experience of Project and product management.
- Ideally some knowledge and understanding of technology frameworks such as Git, JIRA, Confluence.
- Ideally some knowledge and experience of blockchain concepts
- Experience guiding stakeholder discussions to prioritize product roadmaps using Agile methodologies
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Passionate about technology and applying it to business solutions and interested in Blockchain and associated concepts such as smart contracts.
- Previous experience of working in highly distributed teams
What we look for
We’re interested in self-motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. Someone who can easily function in a collaborative, high demand, performance-driven environment. In addition we’re looking for people who recognize the accomplishments of the team before the individual and are sought after as people developers. If you’re passionate about problem-solving and helping our clients’ with some of their most complex issues, this role is for you.
What we offer
As part of this role, you’ll work in a highly integrated, global team with the opportunity and tools to grow, develop and drive your career forward. Here, you can combine global opportunity with flexible working. The EY benefits package goes above and beyond too, focusing on your physical, emotional, financial and social well-being. Your recruiter can talk to you about the benefits available in your country. Here’s a snapshot of what we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
Please apply to this role only through the ‘Apply’ link (not through the local office). Your application will then be routed to the appropriate recruiting team.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable law.
EY is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and either need assistance applying online or need to request an accommodation during the interview process, please call 1-800-EY-HELP3, type Option 2 (HR-related inquiries) and then type Option 1 (HR Shared Services Center), which will route you to EY’s Talent Shared Services Team or email SSC Customer Support at email@example.com.