Support the development of transaction monitoring addressing cryptocurrency risks. Support integration of PayPal’s existing monitoring solutions with 3rd party…...
Who we are: Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 392 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
Job Description Summary: PayPal is committed to combating Money Laundering, Terrorism Financing, and related financial crimes around the world. The Global Financial Crimes (GFC) organization is comprised of specialized teams dedicated to developing and implementing effective policies, advanced analytics, and thorough investigative processes that consider the risks posed by PayPal’s products, customers, transaction volumes, and jurisdictions in which PayPal operates. The GFC Analytics organization is looking for a highly talented Blockchain AML expert to partner with PayPal’s Blockchain, Crypto, and Digital Currencies (BCDC) business unit. BCDC’s mission is to drive inclusion and access to financial services by playing a meaningful role in the digital currency ecosystem globally. If you want to join a globally distributed, diverse, and highly-engaged team that is developing the future of digital currencies, at scale, read on.
- Support the development of transaction monitoring addressing cryptocurrency risks
- Support integration of PayPal’s existing monitoring solutions with 3rd party providers and develop bespoke strategies to identify criminal activity in cryptocurrency addresses associated with PayPal’s various cryptocurrency wallets.
- Structure and refine analysis with the goal of distilling insights from the data
- Leverage experience in cryptocurrency compliance to enhance PayPal’s detection of criminal activity in digital assets
- Prepare reports and updates to senior management regarding criminal activity and risks associated with cryptocurrencies and digital assets.
- Deep experience in cryptocurrency anti-money laundering/counter-terrorist financing operations
- Strong research and analytical skills, business acumen, strategic and creative thinking, and project leadership skills
- Experience in the fields of transaction monitoring, fraud detection, investigations, peer-group analysis, and AML/CFT
- Experience in building and developing rules, models, queries, or software to analyze and visualize data
- Ability to analyze large sets of complex data, draw meaningful conclusions, and make business recommendations based on analysis
- Strong written and oral communication skills, with the ability to communicate to all levels of the business
- Self-driver with the ability to work with a cross-functional team
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced and dynamic financial services environment
- Experience in developing documentation that meets the highest regulatory standards and audit requirements, experience with OCC and other regulatory guidance a plus
We’re a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.