Introduction At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just
At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The IBM Benelux VAT manager is located in the Netherlands (Amsterdam) and will be responsible for providing VAT advice to the business in the Benelux region as well as partnering with IT, finance and other business teams and provide VAT/indirect tax input. The function reports into the Regional Tax Manager Benelux.
- Support compliance obligations performed by the IBM Indirect Tax Center in Budapest.
- Act as point of contact with respect to VAT related questions from the business and the Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg tax authorities.
- Maintain and provide tax codes to internal stakeholders to ensure proper VAT compliance.
- Support the EMEA Indirect Tax Lead and the Regional Tax Manager Benelux with professional and robust VAT advice.
- Respond to VAT audit demands (e.g. SOX)
- Partner with internal business clients/stakeholders as needed.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 5-7 year experience obtained at Big 4 and/or in a tax team of a (US) multinational enterprise.
- Strong knowledge of, and fully conversant in, EU and Benelux VAT legislation and new digital requirements (e.g. e-invoicing, RTR, SAFT),
- Prior experience with VAT internal audits and tax authorities is highly preferred.
- Ability to multitask various projects independently and to adapt and work in a fast-paced corporate environment
- Be a self-starter and inquisitive beyond the VAT function.
- Out of the box thinker with a growth mindset, driven to grow within a multinational company.
- Fluent in Dutch and English.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
Self starter. Ability to multitask and comfortable working in cross-functional teams, in a fast paced corporate environment.
About Business Unit
The IBM Finance organization is responsible for driving enterprise performance and transformation. We are the financial stewards of IBM, delivering IBM’s financial strategy, developing new business models, and mitigating enterprise risk. Do you have a passion for creating business value? Join our team in accounting, financial planning, pricing, business controls, tax, treasury, business development (acquisitions & divestitures), and global financing.
Your Life @ IBM
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It’s time to define your career.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
IBM wants you to bring your whole self to work and for you this might mean the ability to work flexibly. If you are interested in a flexible working pattern, please talk to our recruitment team to find out if this is possible in the current working environment.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.