Come create the technology that helps the world act together Nokia is committed to innovation and technology leadership across mobile, fixed and cloud networks. Your career here will have
Come create the technology that helps the world act together
Nokia is committed to innovation and technology leadership across mobile, fixed and cloud networks. Your career here will have a positive impact on people’s lives and will help us build the capabilities needed for a more productive, sustainable, and inclusive world.
We challenge ourselves to create an inclusive way of working where we are open to new ideas, empowered to take risks and fearless to bring our authentic selves to work.
The team you’ll be part of
Strategy and Technology lays the path for Nokia’s future technology innovation and identifies the most promising areas for Nokia to create new value. We set the company’s strategy and technology vision, offer an unparalleled research foundation for innovation, and provide critical support infrastructure for Nokia.
Nokia Bell Labs is the world-renowned research group of Nokia, having invented many of the foundational technologies that underpin information and communications networks and all digital devices and systems. This research has produced nine Nobel Prizes, five Turing Awards and numerous other awards.
The Solutions and Experiences Creation department creates end-to-end solutions and experiences, by turning disruptive research and technologies into practical systems. We aim to create new value for markets like industry, logistics, transportation, health, enterprises.
The research focus areas in the team include digital platforms, federated software systems, decentralized computing like Web3, industry automation and robotics.
Our international team is based in Paris-Saclay (France), Antwerp (Belgium) and Murray Hill (United States of America)
What you will learn and contribute to
We are looking for a passionate innovation-oriented researcher or engineer, eager to shape the future of industry with a new generation of digital cooperation platforms.
Are you passionate about solving problems?
As part of our team, you will:
- participate in the research, design, architecture, engineering, and experimentation of innovative systems and solutions targeting enterprise & industry automation market
- explore & invent new ecosystem cooperation paradigms with technologies like web3
- collaborate with great minds across the global Bell Labs research community, external academic and industrial partners, Nokia business units, internal & external venture teams
- seed next disruptive business opportunities for Nokia
Your skills and experience
- solid computer science background (engineering or research degree)
- passion for web3 (blockchain, smart contracts, protocol design, DAOs) – not necessarily with a lot of experience
- eagerness to build prototype systems for real and run experiments with first movers
- strong teamwork and interpersonal skills, boundaryless and agile collaboration mindset
It would be nice if you also had:
- innovation culture (design thinking, business model & value proposition design, lean startup)
- experience acquired in academia, or industry, or startups
What we offer
Nokia offers flexible and hybrid working schemes, continuous learning opportunities, well-being programs to support you mentally and physically, opportunities to join and get supported by employee resource groups, mentoring programs and highly diverse teams with an inclusive culture where people thrive and are empowered.
Nokia is committed to inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer
Nokia has received the following recognitions for its commitment to inclusion & equality:
- One of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere
- Gender-Equality Index by Bloomberg
- Workplace Pride Global Benchmark
- LGBT+ equality & best place to work by HRC Foundation
At Nokia, we act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people.
Nokia’s employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We are committed to a culture of inclusion built upon our core value of respect.
Join us and be part of a company where you will feel included and empowered to succeed.