p span style font weight 400 Chainalysis has become known as the leader in blockchain investigation and compliance software. Our ...
Chainalysis has become known as the leader in blockchain investigation and compliance software. Our products have built trust in blockchains by taking down terrorist financing campaigns, disrupting major ransomware operations, identifying the Twitter hackers, and more.
Now, we are building the blockchain data platform for cryptocurrency. Backend engineers will be critical to that mission by building and scaling the APIs and data layers our customers rely on every day to stop crime, understand risk, and strategize about their business. Working alongside infrastructure and security-focused engineers, they obsess over making our services highly available and safe for our customers to use for their most sensitive and real-time blockchain workflows. They deeply understand what is possible with cloud-native technologies and use those insights to enable our customers to push the boundaries of the cryptocurrency landscape.
In one year you’ll know you were successful if…
- You have built a high-availability, scalable API leveraging the most relevant services from AWS
- You’ve added features to our product suite that detect activities for market manipulation, fraud, behavioral patterning, and more.
- You have built cloud-native data ingestion and aggregation processes that intake gigabytes of data per day.
- You have helped modernize our stack to a streaming architecture.
- Your team’s services are easy to set up locally and their health in production is simple to understand.
- You have debugged production issues and participated in a blameless post-mortem process to make our systems stronger.
A background like this helps:
- Designed and implemented microservices-based systems in a major cloud provider like AWS or GCP.
- Experience with object-oriented programming languages. We mostly use Java but appreciate a variety of languages!
- Experience in using event-streaming platforms such as Kafka
- A bias to ship and iterate alongside product management and design partners
- You have mentored and/or led other engineers and love to teach and learn from others.
- Exposure to or interest in the cryptocurrency technology ecosystem
- Experience with Terraform and Kubernetes is a plus!