You will be responsible for developing and scaling a backend application to allow big financial institutions to process their transactions in the cryptocurrency…...
Ledger – a technology leader in digital asset and crypto-security solutions – is looking for a Backend Engineer. You will be responsible for developing and scaling a backend application to allow big financial institutions to process their transactions in the cryptocurrency world.
The Ledger Vault is a SaaS solution addressing the need to safeguard very large and diversified amounts of cryptocurrencies while mitigating both IT and physical assault threats. This enterprise-grade solution’s security is based on “HSM” (Hardware Security Module) and hardware authenticators. It is a turnkey SaaS hardware/software suite enabling handling multiple cryptocurrencies through advanced governance rules such as multi-authorization, rate-limiting, and time-locking.
We are looking for talents to build a solid and scalable platform for BtoB financial market.
- Design and develop our governance and orchestration layer; and a set of complex APIs
- Communicate with cryptographic modules (HSM), and blockchain interfaces
- Integrate new cryptocurrencies on Vault
- Work closely with the Product team to define and understand end-user requirements, and translate them into pragmatic technical solutions
- Work in cross-team environment: You will be in direct contact with Vault’s Frontend and QA engineers, but also with cross-functional teams such as Core, Firmware, Infrastructure, and Operations
- Participate in firefighting sessions, and interface with stakeholders like Technical Account Managers
- 5+ years of experience in Backend / Software Engineering role, preferably in a product-based startup environment
- 3+ years of experience in Python as the primary language (Flask or Django)
- Capable of self-training on backend languages like Scala / C++ / NodeJS
- Familiarity with software development best practices – version-control, code-reviews, testing, CI/CD
- Work in an agile environment (Scrum/XP/Kanban)
- Work in a multicultural environment – English is a MUST
- You have a sound knowledge of RESTful API design, standards and best practices
- You have an interest in other API frameworks (e.g. GraphQL), and dabble in message based systems
- You are keen to step outside your area of expertise, and contribute to all parts of a product
- You have an interest in cryptocurrencies, and blockchain technology
- You are active in the open-source community, speak at conferences, attend meetups, write blogs, contribute code, etc.
- Competitive compensation package and ESOP according to the Company policy
- Flexible working hours, remote-friendly environment
- Strong focus on personal development including internal/external trainings and attendance to conferences
- Internal talks, technical meetups and hackathons
- High performance office equipment
- Comprehensive health insurance policy offering extensive medical, dental and vision care coverage
- Meal Vouchers with Swile (ex Lunchr)
- Annual company outing for Ledgerdary Days plus infrequent parties, snacks and drinks
- Employee discount on Ledger products
Ledger guarantees equity for all during the recruitment process, without any distinction of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, social status, disability or age