About Kraken Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. In our first decade, Kraken has risen to bec
Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. In our first decade, Kraken has risen to become one of the largest, most successful and respected crypto exchanges on the planet.
We are changing the way the world thinks about finance and our range of successful products are playing a critical role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We continue to trail-blaze into new territory with the introduction of Kraken Bank, providing a more seamless integration between crypto and the traditional financial system. This makes us the first crypto company (ever) to be awarded a U.S. state banking charter.
Our diverse group of 2,200+ Krakenites are distributed all over the world as part of our ‘remote first’ culture, united by a shared passion for delighting customers, upholding crypto values and achieving our meaningful mission. We attract people who push themselves to improve, are radically transparent and think differently in order to unlock their potential.
Crypto is a rapidly evolving industry and we’re just getting started. We’re growing fast and you’re invited to join the revolution!
*Role is based in GMT + or – 4 hours*
Our Engineering team is having a blast while delivering the most sophisticated crypto-trading platform out there. Help us continue to define and lead the industry.
As part of Kraken Futures Backend team, you will work within a world-class team of engineers and the worlds largest Rust Team, building Kraken Futures infrastructure using Rust. As a Backend Engineer, you help design and implement new services, and port legacy ones into Rust. You will work on projects through their lifecycle, from their initial requirements, implementation and up to production.
- Design and implementation of Micro-services in Rust
- Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Implementation of security and data protection services
- Write highly scalable, latency sensitive and high volume services
- Build and maintain internal developer tools
- Production support and troubleshooting
- At least 2 years of experience in software engineering or Open source contributions/personal projects
- Experience writing asynchronous code
- Experience writing code in Rust
- Ability to independently debug problems involving the network and operating system
- Proactive, self-driven mindset
- Good communicator
Nice to have
- Have experience using Kubernetes
- Be familiar with core AWS services (EC2, ELB, S3, RDS)
- Have experience building CI pipelines and/or developer tools
- Have experience with other strongly typed languages
- Experience with distributed systems, messaging systems, Kafka, SQL
- Be passionate about secure, reliable and fast software
- Open source contributions, including in Rust
- Familiar with Java/Kotlin and the JVM
- Experience using docker
- Experience using Linux
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique backgrounds and experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives.
Check out all our open roles at https://www.kraken.com/careers. We’re excited to see what you’re made of.
Job Type: Full-time