At World Mobile, we are building a world-class Engineering team to help us reboot the trillion-dollar telco industry and deliver a fairer, better Internet for all. Our Mission Half the w
At World Mobile, we are building a world-class Engineering team to help us reboot the trillion-dollar telco industry and deliver a fairer, better Internet for all.
Half the world’s population don’t have access to the Internet or the education, identity and economic opportunities it offers. The World Mobile network, built on cutting-edge telecoms and blockchain technology, has an unprecedented opportunity to change that.
We’re combining balloons, blockchain and hybrid connectivity to build an unstoppable mobile network run by the people, for the people, that will disrupt the telco industry and deliver a global sharing economy that benefits everyone.
At World Mobile, you’ll have the unique opportunity to work with a diverse and experienced team of futurists and change-makers, realise the true utility of blockchain technology and help build a scalable and revolutionary mobile network poised for global adoption.
We’re looking for the brightest and most brilliant people to join our team and grow with us as we go where other telcos cannot and bring better, fairer Internet access everywhere.
We’re looking for talented Back-end Web Developers, with knowledge of Go or NodeJS, with a passion for implementing clean and performant code to join one of our several development teams working on our subsystems.
- Fully Remote
- Competitive Salaries
- Change the World
To succeed as a Back-end Web Developer, you should have a personality and work ethic aiming for excellence, independent of your seniority. Collaboration and communication skills are critical as we work in small agile (Scrum) teams that are 100% remote. We have a 4-hour overlap from 9:00-18:00 CET.
This role is the right fit for you if you have excellent attention to detail and can also create high-performance backend systems that adhere to industry best practices.
Back-end Web Developer responsibilities:
Your experience and desired career path will determine which of our subteams you will join. These are some responsibilities of being a Back-end Web Developer for World Mobile:
- Take end-to-end ownership of the product: from backlog refinement to production performance
- Produce high quality, readable and performant code, properly tested with Unit and Integration tests
- Accept and offer constructive feedback to help you and your peers improve
- Care for overall quality, code, and architecture
- Choose and use the appropriate tool and data storage for each project
- Assist in the redaction of manuals, technical documentation, and tutorials
Back-end Web Developer requirements:
- Experience with Go or Node.js
- Familiarity with test automation tools, CI pipelines, Cloud, and containerisation technologies
- Appreciate clean code and best practices in software engineering (Domain-Driven Design and automated testing are a plus)
- Good communication skills, knowledge sharing, and collaboration
- Familiarity with cryptography — a major plus!
€45k – €75k Per Annum Plus Bonus Plus Benefits
About World Mobile:
World Mobile is creating a world where everyone, everywhere, is connected. As the first global mobile network built on blockchain and the sharing economy, we believe everyone has a fundamental right to connection, digital identity, economic freedom, and self-data governance.
We employ a diverse team worldwide and give each team member the freedom and support to do their best. As an equal opportunity workplace, we are committed to hiring people regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status.
If you’re looking for an opportunity to help make the world a more connected place, you’ll love working for World Mobile.