Salary is dependent on experience - £75,000 - £105,000 - with equity UK candidates should have the right to work in the UK, sponsorship is unavailable UK wide remote available. European remote cons
Salary is dependent on experience – £75,000 – £105,000 – with equity
UK candidates should have the right to work in the UK, sponsorship is unavailable UK wide remote available. European remote considered.
We are seeking a Back-end Engineer with Data Engineering experience and appetite to work with blockchain smart contracts, to join our dedicated, multi-disciplinary team. You will be shaping a new offering that does not exist in the market yet.
You will aggregate data from a dozen of sources and consolidate them into a data service which we will use internally and to feed into our product. You will also work on smart contracts and collect data from the blockchain in this position.
Monax have been early innovators in smart contracts and legal automation. We are now launching a new product focused on NFT management, and more broadly digital property management. We believe the time has come for adoption of a digital legal layer to bridge the gap between digital assets and the real world.
Your core skills matter more than specific knowledge. Currently we use: Typescript (front end and API), Go, Solidity, OpenZeppelin, Postgres, Hyperledger Burrow, React, Kubernetes, Helm.
You will be working closely with the CPO to work on the following tasks:
- Defining the architecture and selecting tech stack for our initial green field data pipeline
- Build a data collection pipeline across heterogeneous sources (APIs, on-chain data, social media data etc…)
- Assure the pipeline is robust and meets product SLAs
- Build analytics building blocks which will be required for the client-facing product as well as for internal purpose
- Integrate smart contract calls into the data collection logic to support key product features
You’ll have a high level of autonomy within the projects you work on. Both to define the stories themselves and to come up with creative solutions. You will support and challenge the rest of the team to improve the quality of our software and design.
The ideal candidate has:
- 5+ years of work experience in data engineering / data heavy software development
- Strong SQL skills
- Experience building, optimising and refining data sets, data architectures & data pipelines
- A general purpose programming language [C#, Java, JS, Python]
- Interest in blockchain. Ideally a past project in the space
Nice to have:
- Experience with models and data tooling is a plus (e.g., Python / R / Matlab)
- Ideally you’ll have experience in a high growth start-up or scale-up
- A keen interest and understanding of DeFi and Cryptocurrencies
- Experience working in a remote and distributed team would be great, but it’s not essential
It is important that you are able to engage, and on occasion back yourself in honest and respectful discussions with colleagues. You are able to change your mind about something after consideration. We’d like you to have the ability to change minds too. Self-started and autonomous. Comfortable managing with ambiguity and leveraging the team to move forward.
What can we offer you?
- The chance to lead and shape projects at the cutting edge of blockchain technologies
- Extremely marketable experience in the blockchain and legal tech spaces
- A high level of autonomy, freedom and self direction
- The opportunity to work across the entire stack and mobility between projects
- Remote working to fit the way you live your life. Currently Monax is fully remote. In the long term we expect to have a blended working environment. Split between remote and some time in-office
- The chance to join a fast moving start up at a genuinely exciting time as we scale and move forward to market
- A friendly, positive and truly empathetic working environment
Monax is a NFT dashboard for collectors and creators. Monax is a one-stop-shop to manage all digital properties in a compliant way.