Monax Labs is a UK-based web3 infrastructure studio. Our goal is to make NFT transactions safe, secure, and legal. Our vision is to shift the NFT craze into a sustainable movement, where all world as
Monax Labs is a UK-based web3 infrastructure studio. Our goal is to make NFT transactions safe, secure, and legal.
Our vision is to shift the NFT craze into a sustainable movement, where all world assets can be represented on-chain, and with the legal protection required.
Combined with an ease of trading, and the endless transactional opportunities that blockchain unlocks. We believe the time has come for adoption of a digital legal layer to bridge the gap between digital assets and the real world.
We are seeking a Back-End Engineer with an appetite to work on smart contracts for an innovative product not yet on the market.
You will be designing, developing and deploying back-end services focused on improving availability, scalability and performance. We’re looking for an experienced, detail-focussed software engineer with drive for building feature-rich and well-tested applications.
The ideal candidate is a detail-focussed, self-starting Engineer. We’re looking for someone comfortable with ambiguity and who likes a high degree of autonomy, contributing to the roadmap, challenging us on our decisions and being involved in the complete software development life cycle.
Your core skills matter more than specific knowledge. Currently we use: Typescript (front end and API), Rust, Solidity, OpenZeppelin, Postgres, React, Kubernetes, Helm).
You will be working closely with the CTO and team on the following tasks:
- Manage the complete software development life cycle through design, development and deployment
- Work on existing projects across all business areas to improve the quality of our engineering, and ensure we continue to provide a high quality service to our customers
- Scale our products across multiple blockchains
- Work mainly in Back-End Development and willing to help out across all areas of the stack DevOps, Smart Contracts, Cloud Platform
The ideal candidate has:
- Understanding of modern architectural patterns, such as microservices or event driven architectures
- Deep Understanding of Backend Development stack
- Experience in building scalable software
- Strong familiarity with RESTful design principles
- Good knowledge of at least one general purpose programming language (such as Go, C#, Java, TypeScript, Python)
- Experience with SQL (ideally PostgreSQL)
- The ability to progressively refactor code as it develops using design patterns.
- Understanding of unit testing and how to write quality code
- Experience with setting up or maintaining CI / CD pipelines
- Knowledge of CLI build tools and scripting languages (such as Make, Yarn)
- Experience with at least one cloud platform (such as GCP, AWS or Azure)
We would love to hear from you even if you feel you are not a 100% match as we can upskill you or leverage your other skills not mentioned here..
Nice to have:
- Experience high-growth startup
- Docker/Kubernetes experience
- Experience in a blockchain or cryptocurrency firm
- Previous experience working with NFTs
- Working knowledge of infrastructure as code
- Experience working in a remote and distributed team
We are very keen to see candidates from a range of backgrounds and experiences. You may not fit exactly every requirement we have. What’s more important is that you have the demonstrable skills and experience we need.
It is important that you are able to engage, and on occasion back yourself in honest and respectful discussions with colleagues. You are able to change your mind about something after consideration.
What can we offer you?
- High level of autonomy, freedom and self direction
- Marketable experience in the blockchain and legal tech spaces
- Remote working to fit the way you live your life (Currently Monax Labs is fully remote)
- Join a fast moving start up at a an exciting time as we scale up
- The chance to contribute to projects at the cutting edge of blockchain technologies
- Friendly, positive and empathetic culture
About Monax Labs
Monax Labs’ mission is to make NFT transactions safe, secure, and legal.
UK candidates should have the right to work in the UK, sponsorship is unavailable
Salary dependent on level of experience – £60,000 – £100,000 – with equity. UK wide remote available. European remote available for the right candidate.