Introduction At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just
At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Our Cloud Advisory practice helps our client define their path for cloud adoption and optimize the value they can achieve through cloud-based transformation, no matter where they are on the journey. We are working with many of the biggest organizations in the UK and globally, helping shape and guide the most complex customer, business, and technical challenges.
You will be helping support our clients on their path to multi-cloud journey, with a focus on AWS adoption, defining their strategy and modernization opportunities for both applications and infrastructure whilst helping them to define the target operating model. As a trusted advisor, you are enabling their transformation to become a more agile, innovative digital business, whilst remaining secure and compliant.
- Become a trusted advisor to our clients and help them connect their cloud strategies to their business objectives
- Understand our client’s strategic needs, short and long-term business objectives and then articulate and formulate proposals and statements of work which are aligned
- Participate in envisioning future industry trends and strategic technology domain solutions
- Build and maintain relationships with and advise various levels of stakeholders, up to and including C-Level
- Assist in defining the Cloud Strategy portfolio of offerings and continually seek opportunities to develop business
- Establish client value propositions that tie key strategic, financial, and operational metrics directly to near and long-term business improvement
- Contribute to external eminence of IBM and the Cloud Strategy Practice through conferences and seminars
- Drive professional development of all Cloud Strategy and Advisory team members
- Line and matrix management responsibilities of our cloud consultants.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Deep consulting and leadership experience, including a proven ability to define and shape cloud platform solutions and modernization for customers
- Demonstrated client experience in applying AWS cloud technology to reshape client technical strategies
- Be an expert in shaping and delivering roadmap and architectures for our clients to adopt the AWS cloud platform, and be able to demonstrate experience in;
o Defining AWS platform architectures and roadmaps to meet support adoption and the development of new business capabilities
o Evaluating cloud application requirements and make architectural recommendations for implementation, deployment, and provisioning applications on AWS mapping business objectives to application/architecture requirements
o Select appropriate AWS services to design, build and deploy an application based on given requirements
o Advise on and design architectures that are dynamically scalable, highly available, fault-tolerant, and reliable enterprise applications on AWS
o Providing guidance on migrating complex, multi-tier applications on AWS
o Providing advice and designing DevSecOps on AWS and Hybrid Cloud architectures, including monitoring & logging with AWS services (e.g. AWS Cloudwatch and Cloudtrail)
- Have a creative approach to problem-solving, innovation & issue resolution
- Has had a range of cultural and diverse experiences
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Substantial experience acting as Architect in major public cloud, Digital transformation platform/products/services
- Hold an AWS certification at Expert Level
- The ability and confidence to work independently and lead others
- Deep knowledge of the IaaS, PaaS services on AWS
- Experience working with large enterprise clients
- A proven track record and experience of delivering large scale cloud transformation
About Business Unit
IBM Consulting is IBM’s consulting and global professional services business, with market leading capabilities in business and technology transformation. With deep expertise in many industries, we offer strategy, experience, technology, and operations services to many of the most innovative and valuable companies in the world. Our people are focused on accelerating our clients’ businesses through the power of collaboration. We believe in the power of technology responsibly used to help people, partners and the planet.
Your Life @ IBM
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It’s time to define your career.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
IBM wants you to bring your whole self to work and for you this might mean the ability to work flexibly. If you are interested in a flexible working pattern, please talk to our recruitment team to find out if this is possible in the current working environment.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.