Moody’s Investors Service (MIS) is a renowned organization, one well recognized for its unparalleled thought leadership and global financial credit ratings expertise, which it has provided for over 10
The Decentralized Finance and Digital Assets (DFDA) team is a new and highly visible department focusing on strategic objectives related to Blockchain, digital/crypto assets, and DeFi.
DFDA is hiring an Assistant Vice President – Analyst who will be responsible for a wide range of analytic responsibilities related to digital debt and crypto-assets. This is a high-profile opportunity for someone with good knowledge in Blockchain, crypto-assets or DeFi, who is passionate about demonstrating their credit and analytic competence, while engaging with traditional and new stakeholders, internally and externally.
What you will do in this role:
You will articulate well-formed credit views, to the company and the broader marketplace, on digital debt, crypto-assets, DeFi, as well the impact of related emerging technologies on traditional sectors of the global economy. Your research, along with targeted outreach, will enhance Moody’s relevance and expand our brand and reputation as a trusted source. You will also promote and embody the highest ethical and performance standards in your analysis and your research.
Your key responsibilities will include:
Credit Analysis and Research:
- Provide expertise on Blockchain, crypto-assets and DeFi. Partner with multiple teams across MIS, including other subject matter experts (e.g. ESG, cyber) to clearly articulate MIS’s views.
- Assist in developing analytical frameworks to assess risks related to Blockchain-backed issuances, and crypto-assets
- Provide forward-looking views with a high degree of clarity to investors and other market participants
- Publish these views in a range of research reports and recurring opinions
- Cultivate external market relationships, and respond to market requests
- Build rapport with various market participants, including DeFi and Blockchain experts and think tanks, investors, intermediaries and the media, communicating critical credit views and demonstrating deep sector knowledge
- Collaborate at all levels within the organization and mentor/develop employees across the organization on Blockchain, crypto and related topics.
- Manage and foster relationships with the highest level of professional integrity, transparency and fairness
Participate in and/or lead special projects to advance the broader organization’s strategic objectives, which include solidifying Moody’s market position, enhancing operations, developing talent, and growing the business
- Strong knowledge of Blockchain, crypto-assets, and/or DeFi required
- Work experience in credit rating analysis and credit rating methodologies
- Knowledge of Structured Finance a plus
- Technical skills in cash flow-based analysis and relative positioning
- Sound judgment resulting in timely outcomes, even with imperfect information
- Intellectual curiosity, honesty, thoroughness, and sound judgment and the ability to work alone
- Collaborate and communicate to ensure a free exchange of ideas and perspectives in an inclusive, open-minded and diverse environment
- Diligence, sense of urgency, efficiency, responsibility and a sense of ownership
- Commitment to continually learn and grow; testing the status quo while respecting and considering others’ views
- Team-oriented focus; passionate about caring for and inspiring others, sharing constructive feedback and views, all while being authentic
- Engagement with global and multi-cultural awareness; bring a diverse and inclusive lens to your work
- Strong writing, communication and interpersonal skills
- Technological literacy; willingness and ability to adapt and incorporate multiple tools
- Bachelor’s degree required and Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years of relevant credit rating analysis experience
Location preference is New York, London or Paris, however will consider other office locations
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody’s also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities or based on a sincerely held religious belief in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
This position may be considered a promotional opportunity, pursuant to the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law. Click here to view our Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination statement.
At Moody’s, we’re taking action. We’re hiring diverse talent and providing underrepresented groups with equitable opportunities in their careers. We’re educating, empowering and elevating our people, and creating a workplace where each person can be their true selves, reach their full potential and thrive on every level. Learn more about our DE&I initiatives, employee development programs and view our annual DE&I Report at moodys.com/diversity