New and improved programme for Succession planning and supportive management structure to help you realise your potential. Ability to work well under pressure....
We are looking for a talented Audit Manager to join our Financial Services team based in London and working closely with our Cayman Islands team, on a permanent full-time basis.
You will lead a substantial number of financial services audits, with a focus on investment funds across a range of investment strategies, (including a growing portfolio of cryptocurrency focused clients) helping to achieve a high standard of client service in an effective manner. You will work collaboratively with the wider team to meet the needs of our clients by delivering MHA MacIntyre Hudson services with requisite quality control.
At MacIntyre Hudson, we pride ourselves on our award-winning training, genuine work life balance, clear succession paths for our staff, supportive leadership teams and the sheer scope we can offer our teams in their respective roles.
The London team work closely with two dedicated Partners in the Cayman Islands to service its investment fund client portfolio. We are looking for well-motivated and forward-thinking individuals as we continue to expand the financial services team. If you are excited to meet and build great relationships with new clients and companies and want to thrive in a collaborative, social and supportive environment, we would love to hear from you.
- Genuine Work Life balance
- Accredited Investor in People
- New and improved programme for Succession planning and supportive management structure to help you realise your potential
- 33 days holiday Inc. bank holidays, plus the opportunity to buy or sell up to 5 days (28 days on a training contract, with the opportunity to buy 5 days)
- Very competitive salary
- Employee Recognition awards and bonuses
- Amazing employee referral scheme, paying up to £4000 for a successful referral
- Paid CSR time
- Car lease scheme
- And more!
In 2020 we won the Best Advisory Services category of the new Business Resilience Awards, organised by Accountancy Age. Previously we won; National Firm of the Year, Tax Team of the Year and Graduate and Non-Graduate programme of the Year at the British Accountancy Awards, we internationally re-branded, and we grew substantially with a few high-profile mergers. It is an exciting time to join the firm!
- Plan, control, and review client work to ensure that the jobs are completed as efficiently and effectively as possible by allocating the resources available
- Hold pre-audit meetings with clients where appropriate, to establish the events that have had an impact on the business and any areas needing particular attention
- Prepare a time budget for each assignment. Ensure where possible that this is set at a level to enable the office to make money on the job considering the level of the fees and other non audit work to be included within that fee
- Review all work received as soon as possible, ensuring that any issues arising are referred to the audit staff for completion before any outstanding issues are drawn to the attention of the Partner
- Prepare fee schedules and bill for Partner review and approval, explaining any extra charges also identifying and explaining any write offs or profits
- Deal with day to day staff issues which may include holidays, courses, conflicts, quality of work, motivation, monitoring chargeable and non chargeable hours
- Complete 6 monthly appraisals and sign off training records for all allocated members of staff ensuring that these are completed to enable staff to be developed and in turn enhance their effectiveness
**Qualifications and Skills**
- Fully qualified ACA/ACCA with 3 to 5 years post qualification practice
- Management/supervisory experience; the ability to motivate, delegate effectively, develop the team and be a strong leader
- Team focussed with a strong interest in building and developing the team
- Excellent audit analysis skills
- CaseWare (accounts and audit) experience would be useful.
- Good up to date technical knowledge including recent developments in accounting standards
- Familiarity with IFRS, ISA, US GAAP & GAAS would be an asset but not required
- Client focused and commercially aware
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Positive and committed to MHA MacIntyre Hudson in dealings with staff and clients
If this is a role that is of interest to you, please apply within.
Our application form takes just a few minutes to complete and includes some diversity questions. MHA Macintyre Hudson is a committed member of Access Accountancy and as such, we track our diversity stats and actively work to improve on these year on year, looking at new ways to promote our roles to the widest audience. Any data collected is fully anonymised before sharing with any external parties, as per our Data Protection Policy and is not visible to hiring managers or used in any way during the selection process.