The Engineers at Chainalysis are driven by working on new technical challenges every day. As relentless problem-solvers and big dreamers, we’re building technology that enables widespread adoption of cryptocurrencies and lays the foundation for a new economic paradigm.
An Associate Staff Engineer on the Data Intelligence team is really good at building reliable and scalable backend pipelines to make data available to our products, ultimately enabling law enforcement agencies, the world’s largest cryptocurrency businesses, and financial institutions to do things like take down dark web marketplaces, prosecute child predators, and solve the Twitter Hack (yeah, we do all that!). We measure success by how well we build components that are reusable and replaceable, reducing time to production, building tools that simplify data analysis and fostering collaborative relationships across the company.
In one year you’ll know you were successful if…
- You contributed to increasing the scalability of our backend systems
- Solved complex problems with peers and stakeholders across the organization
- You have helped the team to design cloud native systems
- You have helped make analytical data available for use across the organization
A background like this helps:
- You’re an experienced Scala/Java developer (or other JVM language)
- You are comfortable building backend ETL pipelines and services in a Cloud environment (AWS, GCP)
- You’re comfortable working with SQL databases
- You’ve worked in an environment where you support the systems you put into production
- Experience working with Kafka
- You’re have some knowledge of one or more blockchains (Bitcoin, Ethereum, etc)
- Experience working deploying services on to Kubernetes
- Blockchain P2P Node and Networking Fundamentals