IBM Global Business Services (GBS) has established a global team of Retail thought leaders and experts in the areas of Marketing, Multi-Channel Retailing,…...
As a Business Sales & Delivery Executive, you will support IBM’s consistent growth by bringing to the table your business development, sales, account management, and delivery skills. Picture yourself working with a highly motivated, highly successful team with a proven sales record in IBM’s top technologies. If you’re ready to bring insights and experience in areas such as IoT, Blockchain and digital transformation, we are ready to offer you a best in class career development.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM Global Business Services (GBS) has established a global team of Retail thought leaders and experts in the areas of Marketing, Multi-Channel Retailing, eCommerce, Consumer Analytics, Supply Chain and Merchandising. This team, the IBM Global Business Services Retail, is developing customer-focused, transformational solutions and programs for leading retailers.
Associate Partners are expected to drive consulting sales in at least one of the following areas depending on expertise:
- Retail Marketing
- Retail Analytics
- Order Management
- Omni-channel Retail
- Supply Chain
Additional responsibilities for this role include but are not limited to the following:
- Engagement Leadership: Providing leadership across all phases of large, complex engagements, including functional, international and/or cross-organizational teams. Providing oversight to multiple engagements at one time.
- Sales and Proposal Management: Establishing project vision and objectives with the client. Leading the proposal team through the development of solutions to client issues as well as the project scope and approach. Understanding and abiding by the quality assurance guidelines. Drafting and reviewing responses to Requests for Information (RFI), responses to Requests for Proposal (RFP), IBM contracts, and IBM Statements of Work.
- Project Delivery: Assisting with the client sale and early stages of client delivery, ensuring the transition from sales to the delivery team. Leading work sessions and deliverable presentations with client Chief Executive Officer (CxO) members and senior stakeholders.
- Knowledge Management: Ensuring the use and collection of intellectual capital on the engagement.
- People Management: Mentoring the project manager and junior consultants on the proposal and delivery teams.
- Relationship Management: Developing relationships with client executives at CxO level and senior stakeholders. Demonstrating an executive presence with the ability to establish credibility in the first client meeting.
- Eminence: Being recognized as an expert in one or more competency and/or specific offerings.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Extensive experience (at least 7-8 years) in working with the Retail Industry in one or more of the following areas: Retail Marketing, Retail Analytics, Merchandising, eCommerce, Order Management, Omni-channel Retail, and Supply Chain.
- Strong experience in sales and proposal management including drafting responses to Requests for Information (RFI), Requests for Proposal (RFP), contracts and Statements of Work.
- Experience within a consulting or professional services firm, with specific sales, project and/or delivery responsibility.
- Growth mindset and an aspirational individual
- Fluent in Dutch
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- People Management Experience
- Experience of working with International Retailer
- Retail Industry Thought Leader
About Business UnitIBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world’s economy. IBM Services partners with the world’s leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBMWhat matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About IBMIBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
Location StatementIBM wants you to bring your whole self to work and for you this might mean the ability to work flexibly. If you are interested in a flexible working pattern, please talk to our recruitment team to find out if this is possible in the current working environment.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.