The role of Business Development Associate Partner is responsible for winning and assuring the delivery of services work, with a focus on cloud enabled business…...
As a Business Sales & Delivery Executive, you will support IBM’s consistent growth by bringing to the table your business development, sales, account management, and delivery skills. Picture yourself working with a highly motivated, highly successful team with a proven sales record in IBM’s top technologies. If you’re ready to bring insights and experience in areas such as IoT, Blockchain and digital transformation, we are ready to offer you a best in class career development.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The role of Business Development Associate Partner is responsible for winning and assuring the delivery of services work, with a focus on cloud enabled business process workflows, specifically for UK (and Ireland) based clients in the chemicals and manufacturing markets. You will focus on developing new pipeline across existing and new clients and taking ownership for relationships across nominated accounts.
You will build trusted client relationships in order to leverage large programmes in which IBM can deliver economic value, through its unique combination of deep domain knowledge and technical/consultative capabilities; and will be expected to meet demanding objectives on revenue, profit, utilisation, new business sales, pipeline generation and customer satisfaction, whilst building trusted client relationships. You will operate with high integrity and drive the continued pursuit of workforce diversity & inclusion.
The core accountabilities of the role are:
- analysing clients’ business, goals, strategies, industry trends and directions – to recommend appropriate solutions/products to meet their needs,
- working within IBM’s UKI Industrial Products go-to-market team to agree which campaigns resonate most in the market and where needed tailor these campaigns to key clients,
- focusing on, but not being constrained to campaigns which deliver services related to clients’ development of new business models and/or process efficiency improvement through the introduction of intelligent, AI enabled workflows.
- exhibiting thought leadership in client conversations to develop long term opportunities,
- identifying and driving opportunities and the subsequent delivery of these opportunities from advisory work through larger scale delivery across a collection of accounts. This will include developing strong client relationships and setting a strategy for these accounts for IBM Global Business Services. A strong industry network is important.
- creating innovative commercial propositions that differentiate IBM in the market,
- developing dynamic business proposals and client presentations,
- developing and executing growth initiatives by working with Account Partners, Delivery Executives and other cross-brand teams,
- leveraging available funding and investments to accelerate the sales cycles,
- working with IBM and Partner teams to build public references, case studies, etc.,
- effectively managing multiple client relationships/opportunities simultaneously.
Under the supervision of Executive colleagues, you will be expected to take ownership from opportunity identification, through sales and negotiation of complex contracts and to be accountable for the delivery of these contracts; and as a result, will likely aspire towards promotion to Executive Partner.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- demonstrated professional services sales and delivery experience,
- have a track record of developing successful new business with a focus on cloud enabled business process workflows, specifically for UK (and Ireland) based clients in the chemicals and manufacturing markets, whilst also demonstrating a wider knowledge of other, related services and sectors,
- be eminent in the market and have proven experience of fostering client relationships with target clients,
- show strong consulting skills at a senior level gained within a globally renowned consulting group(s) or whilst working in industry,
- have a deep understanding and experience of how to win and deliver complex multi-million dollar business services assignments in the UKI,
- be able to demonstrate strong relationships with key individuals within client organisations and in the market/industry.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
The ideal candidate will be a senior professional employed in a major corporation or in a leading professional services firm. The preference is that he or she will have experience across functions and industries.
About Business UnitIBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world’s economy. IBM Services partners with the world’s leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBMWhat matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About IBMIBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
Location StatementIBM wants you to bring your whole self to work and for you, this might
mean the ability to work flexibly. If you are interested in a flexible working pattern,
please talk to our recruitment team to find out if this is possible in the current working environment.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.