Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 73 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for bloc
Coinbase has built the world’s leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 73 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
As a Consumer Support Operations Associate Manager, you will lead a team of highly motivated customer support professionals whose performance is critical to Coinbase achieving its mission. Using your customer support, operations and team management skills you will play a crucial role ensuring we deliver an outstanding customer experience globally.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Lead a team of high performing customer service agents to provide a best in class customer experience across multiple channels.
- Act as a trusted point of contact for escalations and high priority issues related to your scope.
- Achieve service level agreements and quality metrics for your line of business, at the individual and team level.
- Provide leadership and coaching based on industry best methodologies, thoughtful delegation and performance management.
- Focus on team growth and enablement through mentorship, career development and employee engagement.
- Collaborate with internal teams across Program Management, Tools, Quality and Training to help launch or improve product support workflows.
- Apply an in-depth understanding of metrics to provide operational insights and make data-driven business decisions.
- Continuously add value through effective task management, ruthless prioritization and efficient execution.
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- Motivated by Coinbase’s mission and crafting a seamless support experience for our global customer base.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in financial services, technology and/or customer support.
- Experience scaling teams across multiple workflows and various channels of support, i.e. voice, email and chat.
- Excellent track record of leading deeply engaged and impactful teams.
- Subject matter expertise and interest in the crypto ecosystem.
- Highly flexible and adaptable to meet the evolving needs of a high-growth, fast paced organization.
- Travel requirements up to 15% to Coinbase offices and vendor locations, based on needs.
Nice to haves:
- Experience at crypto exchanges or in financial services, ideally in payments, trading operations or technical support.
- Advanced experience in project management, analytics or quality assurance.
- Advanced degree in business, finance, customer experience and/or blockchain.
- Advanced understanding of Google apps, JIRA, Salesforce Service Cloud.
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations@ coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact accommodations@ coinbase.com for additional information or to request accommodations.
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.
Benefits at Coinbase
- Health and Dental insurance covered at 100% for employees and 50% for dependents
- Eyecare vouchers
- Disability and Life Assurance
- Monthly Gym Allowance
- Volunteer Time Off
- Fertility Counseling and Benefits
- Individual Career Development budget
- Pension plan with company match
- Tax saver commuter program
- 18 weeks paid Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Snacks and Lunch provided onsite
Learn more about our mission