With the combination of in-depth crypto expertise and a strong operational skill set, you will play a major role in crafting our strategy for scalability....
Coinbase has built the world’s leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
As the Manager for Client Services, you will manage a team responsible for providing high-touch support for our Prime Broker Institutional clients. With the combination of in-depth crypto expertise and a strong operational skill set, you will play a major role in crafting our strategy for scalability. You will help us effectively hire, manage and develop a high performing 24×7 team that provides client facing support with a focus on transaction execution for Institutional clients. Given that this function lives within the Customer Experience organization, you will also be expected to collaborate with the global operations leadership team to deliver world class support.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Serve as a proactive thought leader across Client Services, with a bias towards action and the ability to contribute to overall organizational strategy and direction.
- Support your team by providing direction, assigning projects, and checking in on progress while holding your direct reports accountable to their goals and tasks.
- Work with Global Client Services Leadership and cross functional stakeholders to improve and execute on an effective transaction execution framework across various crypto transaction types.
- Help create a better client experience by synthesizing and championing client feedback to other parts of the organization such as the product, security and engineering teams.
- Develop technical, subject matter expertise across the institutional products and services.
- Serve as an escalation point for high priority clients.
- Utilize knowledge of the crypto market to solve complex challenges in a dynamic environment.
- Make informed, data driven decisions by using an in-depth understanding of metrics and reporting.
- Effectively manage operational performance across business-defined KPI’s and deliverables.
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- Motivated by Coinbase’s mission and creating a seamless support experience for our global customer base.
- Minimum of 2 years of direct management experience serving institutional clients in a traditional brokerage, asset management, or trading context; or experience serving crypto-first investors.
- Excellent track record of managing deeply engaged and high performing teams.
- Highly flexible and adaptable to meet the evolving needs of a high-growth, fast paced organization.
- Travel requirements up to 15% to Coinbase offices and client locations, based on needs.
Nice to haves:
- Deep subject matter expertise and experience in crypto and financial services, ideally in client services, sales, payments, compliance and/or risk operations.
- Advanced experience in project management, analytics or quality assurance.
- Advanced degree in business, finance, customer experience and/or blockchain.
- Advanced understanding of Google apps, JIRA, Salesforce Service Cloud.
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here: Ireland/EU, United Kingdom, and California. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.
Benefits at Coinbase
- Health and Dental insurance covered at 100% for employees and 50% for dependents
- Eyecare vouchers
- Disability and Life Assurance
- Monthly Gym Allowance
- Volunteer Time Off
- Fertility Counseling and Benefits
- Individual Career Development budget
- Pension plan with company match
- Tax saver commuter program
- 18 weeks paid Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Snacks and Lunch provided onsite