Introduction Start date: mid October 2021 Please know that although stipulated multiple, the role is open for applicants in Leicester, Manchester and Hursley, as well as anyone willing to relocate t
Start date: mid October 2021
Please know that although stipulated multiple, the role is open for applicants in Leicester, Manchester and Hursley, as well as anyone willing to relocate to any of these 3 locations
The Client Innovation Centre (CIC) is an innovative and exciting part of IBM. A fast-paced and dynamic business built to deliver high-value technical services to world renowned clients. All of our employees work in a consultancy environment on a variety of exciting projects across a range of sectors. Every project has its own unique working environment – this enables our employees to build their experience, skillset and network. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems?
Here’s where you come in: We’re looking for passionate, original thinkers who want to drive progress, grow their network and further their careers. If you see yourself as someone who never stops learning, who believes no problem is too big to solve, and who wants to unleash your potential, IBM Services is for you. We have a range of opportunities and flexible career paths, so whether you start as a developer, tester or working with cloud infrastructure you can develop your career with us. You will be aligned to a technical practice where you can develop your skills and experience as part of a professional community.
To meet the needs of our clients’ evolving technical and business needs, you will complete an Associate training program incorporating a blended e-learning, classroom and practical learning approach in technologies used by the IBM Client Innovation Centres, ensuring you will soon be ready to join a client project. Your technical training will be matched to support you in your first technical assignment and will cover areas applicable to your role such as: Development, Testing, DevOps and Cloud, including Red Hat, OpenShift, IBM Cloud and AWS, Data Engineering, AI and leading enterprise applications.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Start date: mid October 2021
- Design, develop and test a new, modern cloud-native application or support a legacy application, with code management, troubleshooting and tuning.
- Translate software requirements into working and maintainable solutions within new or existing application frameworks, working closely with clients and IBM teams.
- Maintain and improve code quality, enabling reusability and automatization of services – from applications through to cloud infrastructure.
- Create Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) to support communication between systems, using API gateways and event services.
- Automate testing and supporting Continuous Integration and Development pipelines, including implementing security operations tooling.
- Implement data engineering and warehouse services on Cloud.
- Configure enterprise applications to support new innovative client services
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Required education: STEM subject degree with a 2:1 or higher
We are looking for people who have experience in several of the following areas. We appreciate that you will probably not have all of these, so don’t worry if you are missing some of them:
- Strong interpersonal skills, written and verbal communication skills
- Familiar with build and continuous integration tools like Maven, Jenkins, Gradle
- Familiar with database development on platform like PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle
- Familiar with Java/JEE best practices around design patterns, performance tuning, automated tests and unit tests
- Exposure to writing RESTful APIs using Microservices architecture and Spring Boot framework
- Exposure to deploying applications with container technology like Docker and container orchestration technology like Kubernetes or RedHat OpenShift
- Familiar with twelve-factor cloud design principles
- Ability to thrive in an ever-changing, technology-based consulting environment, using agile development techniques
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
As an equal opportunities employer, we welcome applications from individuals of all backgrounds. However, in order for you to be eligible for this role, all applicants must hold British Nationality, UK work permit or visa valid for a two-year period prior to applying along with at least 5 years UK residency and preferably 10 years.
About Business UnitWe are proud of our training and development opportunities. As part of the CIC, you will be welcome to undertake a multitude of training courses with an extensive range of classroom, e-learning, interactive and video courses. With our support, you will have the opportunity to acquire industry recognised qualifications, gain valuable experience with globally renowned companies and work with industry leading technologies. This will enable you to grow within our business which we support via promotion and progression opportunities.
Your Life @ IBMAre you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It’s time to define your career.
About IBMIBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business. At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
Location StatementIBM wants you to bring your whole self to work and for you this might mean the ability to work flexibly. If you are interested in a flexible working pattern, please talk to our recruitment team to find out if this is possible in the current working environment.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.